Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Andrew, What are the member titles all about?  (Read 2897 times)

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Andrew, What are the member titles all about?
« on: April 12, 2004, 05:43:59 PM »
Please forgive me if this is off topic (not a suggestion) or if it is located in a FAQ somewhere that I am oblivious to... What are the titles for memebers (i.e. - Jr. Member, Full Member, etc.) and the requirments for each? Is it based off of time being a meber, number of posts?
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew, What are the member titles all about?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 12:31:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's based off of the number of posts. You get to Full Member around 15 posts or so. I hear Sr. Member is 100. Whoo-hoo!

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 03:05:03 PM »
It is based on the number of postings, which indirectly relates to the amount of spare time times the interest in law school divided by typing speed.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 03:11:16 PM »
The names are a standard feature of the software that powers the board.  They're changable at my whim, which explains the recent change from "Senior Member" to "Senior Citizen".  Just a little joke.

The categories are based on number of posts - but that too is changeable at my whim.

I never paid too much attention to the membership categories, but I suppose it's good actually to show people's seniority (in terms of number of posts) as it gives everyone a chance to develop a sort of reputation.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 03:19:53 PM »
i personally LOVE it. i think it's kinda fun! i think the next name change should come after 300 though, andrew. just a thought! ;D

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 03:56:20 PM »
Well... then I'll just post another one here as to boost my reputation.  :)
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 04:23:01 PM »
Well, then I'll post one to enhance mine even more.   ;)

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 08:30:53 PM »
Sorry, i couldn't help it--I need rep points too.

Andrew, what are the cutoffs, by the way? Is there anything above Sr. Citizen? 500 posts and you turn into Zeus?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 07:36:08 AM »
I made the next category impossibly high.  I didn't want people trying to "get there" by just posting a bunch of pointless sentences.

It was called "God Member" actually - but that's dumb.  I'll think of a better name.

I think three categories is plenty though - either you're new or you've been here a while or you're one of the most active participants.  That's all the categories need to say.

jgruber

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 10:05:49 AM »
NO, I must have room to improve myself!   :D

I made the next category impossibly high.  I didn't want people trying to "get there" by just posting a bunch of pointless sentences.

It was called "God Member" actually - but that's dumb.  I'll think of a better name.

I think three categories is plenty though - either you're new or you've been here a while or you're one of the most active participants.  That's all the categories need to say.