Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just starting out. whishing for the help of a more experienced student student.  (Read 846 times)

tiffanie

• View Profile
    • Email
hi. i'm a jc student in southern cali. i'm going for my b.a. in business and then i would like to attend law school, but i'm not exactly sure the right rout to go.  if anyone has any advice they could share with me it would be much apprieciated because my councelor isn't worth *&^%. thanx  ::)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ummmm...I don't think we have enough info about you to advise you on what route to go to.  Why did you choose business and law?  Do you plan on going straight through undergrad to law school?  What do you see yourself doing someday?
Fed gov't atty

S.J.

• Sr. Citizen
  • That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
Get good grades.  Start LSAT prep 6 months early if possible.
T25 or bust

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
Learn how to spell.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Follow-up is a good idea, also.

WoeIsMe

hi. i'm a jc student in southern cali. i'm going for my b.a. in business and then i would like to attend law school, but i'm not exactly sure the right rout to go.  if anyone has any advice they could share with me it would be much apprieciated because my councelor isn't worth sh*t. thanx  ::)

eat lots of vegetables and remember, you can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can earn in the rest of your life.

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
Those advisors are always so useful!! Lawschool admissions is straight formulas at almost every school so high gpa and high lsat is the best route of course. I can say that many of my lawyer buddies did not have 4.0's and 170's but are all doing well. One transfered to Georgetown, one went to Michigan after doing I-banking for a few years and another is thriving at a small firm after graduating from DePaul and his g.f (from law school) moved from a p.i firm here to NYC as corporate counsel at a very nice make up company so just do the best you can on your BA and LSAT. Good luck!

russian_concussion

• Sr. Citizen
  • Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
Put out.
161/3.53 (in CS, not that it matters)
Going to: Brooklyn 08/19

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
hi. i'm a jc student in southern cali. i'm going for my b.a. in business and then i would like to attend law school, but i'm not exactly sure the right rout to go.  if anyone has any advice they could share with me it would be much apprieciated because my councelor isn't worth sh*t. thanx  ::)

eat lots of vegetables and remember, you can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can earn in the rest of your life.
Just remember to marry in a community property state.
Jk, that is horrible advice. Study hard, send your apps in early and you should do just fine. Best of Luck