Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has Anyone Received Correspondence & Then Been Rejected  (Read 909 times)

fragglerock

• View Profile
Has Anyone Received Correspondence & Then Been Rejected
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:18:11 PM »
This last week I received correspondence (both email & standard mail), from the office of financial aid & scholarships.  This correspondence came from the one school that I am still waiting on an acceptance / rejection from (the one school I truly want to attend).  It stated that they were in need of a few more items before they could finish my report.  The letter & email were very applicant specific.  Has any one received like correspondence and then been rejected?  I have been wondering, due  to this correspondence, if I have been accepted & just not received my letter yet.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Received Correspondence & Then Been Rejected
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:26:06 PM »
What do they need from you? If you are missing an item from your file (like a letter of recommendation or resume) they will not review your app. This must be applicant specific but I wouldn't read into it very much. You mus have a complete file first, so if they are telling you that you don't, get them what they need and they will THEN give you a thumbs up or down. I don't think that the correspondence has anything to do with your acceptance.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

fragglerock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 05:39:32 PM »
The correspondence was not related to my application.  The correspondence was related to Financial Aid & Scholarship opportunities at the school.  Had it been related to my application, I would havenot thought twice about it having any link with my acceptance or rejection.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:41:45 PM »
I would say that fin aid stuff doesn't tell you anything either. I received the dreaded "small envelope"  :o 2 weeks after I applied to Seton Hall. Turns out, it was just their financial aid instructions. It's been 5 weeks since then and still nothing. I'm sittin' here waiting with you...
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 06:30:44 PM »
I too received fin. aid instructions only to be turned down a month later (Univ. of Miami). However, I received an admitted students info sheet from Fl State and had to call them to see if I was admitted or if it was a mistake. They told me over the phone that I was admitted. I ended up getting the acceptance letter almost two wks later though.

I would call them, either fin aid office or admissions, and ask them if this means that you were admitted. At least if they say no decision still then you'll know that it meant nothing.