Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern? Is it really that bad?  (Read 8362 times)

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern? Is it really that bad?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 11:11:26 PM »
I've heard about that program before but I decided it's definitely not for me.  That's 24 straight months of school with only a couple of weeks off per year.  Obviously, most jobs are like that, but from what I've heard the first year is so rigorous that you really need those three months off in the summer to recuperate.  I'd be really worried about burnout, not just while you're in school, but also after you get out.  Also, you should find out if you miss out on any of the clinical opportunities, externships, special programs, etc. if you choose this program.

lawboundFALL05

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 08:56:53 AM »
Sounds tempting, but be really careful.  In my early college years I went to school for two years straight, and it burned me out badly.  I didn't want to do anything for several months.  I can't imagine how much worse it would be after studying a rigorous subject like law in the competitive environment of law school.

And then you will have to take the bar!

Between rest time, studying for the bar, and looking for work (since you won't be making job connections during the summers), it may just end up taking 3 years anyway.

Marauder

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
I believe lawsuits were filed in the last year, because law schools inflated their employment percentage of their graduating students.