Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT score distribution  (Read 2788 times)

Yoni

LSAT score distribution
« on: March 12, 2003, 06:26:56 PM »
I have a question for you guys: Where can I find information on typical LSAT score distributions?  I am curious to know what percentile my score falls in.  I haven't really found anything online, but I haven't looked very hard.  Thanks for your help.

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT score distribution
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 05:05:58 AM »
If you've actually taken the LSAT, the LSAC should have provided you both your score and your percentile for that test.  You can get this information either over the phone (if you called in for your score), or on the score sheet that they send you in the mail.  If you've just taken a practice test, a score vs percentile table should have been provided at the end of the test section.  If you're just trying to get a general idea of typical score vs percentile, you can check out an LSAT practice test book at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.  These books have several practice tests with score/percentile tables for each test.

I'm not sure if I've addressed your question sufficiently, so let me know if you need any more detail.

lp
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

Yoni

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 03:36:41 PM »
Ok, this is what i mean. I have only taken some practice tests.  i want to know if say i score a 159, what percentile am i in, meaning that I scored higher than X% of people.  Thanks.

mjohnson6565

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 07:27:11 AM »
You would be rougly in the 80th percentile
Mess with the bull sometimes you get the Horns