Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To Jack9 and other cowards  (Read 5938 times)

kristay

Re: To Jack9 and other cowards
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2004, 08:56:17 PM »
Matokah, you are awesome as well! 

Oh, and we can add one more to the list of schools that we're both applying to!  You convinced me  :)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »
Matokah, you are awesome as well! 

Oh, and we can add one more to the list of schools that we're both applying to!  You convinced me  :)

Well, that's what you get for *making* me apply to Temple and Seton Hall. 

Oh, yeah.  I was grading papers, wasn't I (somehow reading a million poorly written papers about the Amarna period and the end of Hatti and Mitanni just isn't my cup of tea tonight)  ;D
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2004, 09:39:41 PM »

That isn't the problem oh wise one.  The problem is him hijacking every thread and burying any legitimate inquiry someone might have in mounds of BS.  This is compounded by even more pathetic folks like KOGA that actually follow DOWNY around.

I dont' support the trolls, but I see where they are coming from.  I'm shutting this account down soon (almost done with apps) or I wouldn't bother with it.

Vagrant, if you want to insult me, do it to my face.  Don't hide your comments in the quotes of others. I know that you are a craven *&^%, but that is exceptionally cowardly.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

DOWNY

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2004, 10:27:58 PM »
I agree. Vagrant is a complete piece of *&^%.

Since he is also a coward, I have decided to name him appropriately.

From now on vagrant will be known only as "vag," pronounced as in vag-ina.

Vag you are a total puss.y.

HTH

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2004, 10:34:49 PM »
I don't get it- why all the fighting?

Captain Cooley, you chide someone for not ignoring those they don't like and then you insult Vagrant.  What does this prove?  Insults and arguments on an internet posting site are specious and immature by their very nature, in my humble opinion.

I realize that by posting this I'm setting myself up for insults and flaming galore.  If it makes you guys feel better, go for it.

A suggestion:  My mother is obese- using that as the basis for your jokes might be funny.

Oh, and I once molested a feminine hygiene product, but it never complained.

That in and of itself is ripe fodder for insults. 

This board needs more love.

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

DOWNY

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2004, 10:39:49 PM »

Captain Cooley, you chide someone for not ignoring those they don't like and then you insult Vagrant.  What does this prove?  Insults and arguments on an internet posting site are specious and immature by their very nature, in my humble opinion.

I realize that by posting this I'm setting myself up for insults and flaming galore.  If it makes you guys feel better, go for it.

A suggestion:  My mother is obese- using that as the basis for your jokes might be funny.

I guess in your 37 post tenure you haven't learned how things work yet. Vagrant has followed me from post to post insulting for no reason for over a month now. If you think I'm not going to throw a retort in his direction you are misled.

Aren't you the guy who started a thread about how easy law school is? Enough said. We can talk about that after your 1L year.

HTH

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2004, 10:43:27 PM »

I guess in your 37 post tenure you haven't learned how things work yet. Vagrant has followed me from post to post insulting for no reason for over a month now. If you think I'm not going to throw a retort in his direction you are misled.

Aren't you the guy who started a thread about how easy law school is? Enough said. We can talk about that after your 1L year.

HTH

Cooley you must rise above the hate- by insulting you, Vagrant is actually controlling your actions.

Case in point:  If I pick up a raccoon and punch it in the face, it will either try to escape, or more likely, gnaw my hand into a bloody pulp.  Regardless, I'm deciding its course of action.

When Vagrant first insulted you, he was testing the waters, seeing how you'd respond.  Once you insulted him back, he knew that he waged enough power in your life to force you to move your fingers on the keyboard, form coherent words, and basically control you.

Do you see this?

People like Vagrant, if what you said is true, are a waste of time.  Insulting them should be above you.

fragolina

• Sr. Citizen
  • *cluck cluck*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fragolina+moda
    • View Profile
    • Fragolina
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
You're welcome Kristay, but I'm embarrassed to say I have no recollection of us not getting started on the best of terms. But, in any case, the larger point is we get along despite the fact that we disagreed over something. Erm, even if I canít remember what it is...

Hehe...the picture thing...I wouldn't mind putting up a new avatar and actually having my picture up.  I just don't think it's fair for a troll (who's essentially shielding his own identity) to challenge me to put up my pic.

Ah, I see, yeah. Excellent point.

That isn't the problem oh wise one.  The problem is him hijacking every thread and burying any legitimate inquiry someone might have in mounds of BS.  This is compounded by even more pathetic folks like KOGA that actually follow DOWNY around.

Once again, the space bar is the answer. Do you need a diagram? It would be easier if this board had an automated ignore feature, but it's pretty easy as it is....

POSTSCRIPT: Notice that there were two posts above Kristay's that I didnít want to respond to. I hit the space bar twice. Itís a miracle! I didnít even have to call for anybody to be banned! I should totally patent this.

Hehe, Javert - so perhaps I am admitting my lack of intelligence when it comes to this message board - but I never knew about the spacebar thing until that post - and it is my new favorite thing. I am a dork (but we all knew that) I think this is great  ;D thanks for the tip!
Fragolina

Frago on LSN
In: Chicago, UMich, UVA, G-town, UCLA, Indy-B, Rutgers, MSU, Cornell
Praying: NYU, Columbia
Withdrawn: NWU, W&M, W&L, GWU, USC, BU
Out: HLS, SLS

DOWNY

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2004, 11:11:51 PM »

HTH

Cooley you must rise above the hate- by insulting you, Vagrant is actually controlling your actions.

Case in point:  If I pick up a raccoon and punch it in the face, it will either try to escape, or more likely, gnaw my hand into a bloody pulp.  Regardless, I'm deciding its course of action.

When Vagrant first insulted you, he was testing the waters, seeing how you'd respond.  Once you insulted him back, he knew that he waged enough power in your life to force you to move your fingers on the keyboard, form coherent words, and basically control you.

Do you see this?

People like Vagrant, if what you said is true, are a waste of time.  Insulting them should be above you.

1. You responded at length when desi called you an idiot. Hence he controls you, as per your logic.

2. I control you, too- look at your lengthy post in reply to mine.

3. Get off your high horse. This is an internet chat board. Nobody here is impressed by you. Calm down.

I am done with you.

HTH

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2004, 11:21:54 PM »
Cap'n,

I didn't expound my point well enough, I'm afraid.  My bad.

When someone insults you and you insult them back, they're controlling you.

If someone insults you and you respond intelligently and with civility, it's an act of free will, independent of instinct and full of reason.

I am a rational, polite human being.  When someone insults me and I respond in a rational, polite manner, I'm just being myself.

Sorry about the confusion.

In retrospect, maybe you do control me to some extent.  Maybe it's the level of control that's important...

Thanks for helping me see the argument in a new way, Captain!  I appreciate it.