Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge Law School admits...  (Read 2219 times)

martinibar

• View Profile
Re: McGeorge Law School admits...
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »
Another bit of info for you gleamed from my meeting today. As of now they have accepted about 700 applicants, and they've budgeted for a class of 230. As for the waitlist I decided not to ask considering it caused the computers to go down.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 06:58:23 PM »
Wow! Have they decided to downsize their class?  I was under the impression that their class size is typically 300+.  Are you aware of approx. how many they typically accept each year?

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 07:07:35 PM »
I'm not sure how many they accept per year, but the school's been moving towards a smaller 1L class in the hopes of increasing the quality of their classes and their rankings. The admin was ginuely surprised that they didn't break the top 100 this year. I'm assuming a smaller size is a reaction to not making it on the list. Last year they budgeted for 250 and got 270, so they decided to give themselves a bit of a cushion this year. This also appears to be a trend that will continue, but the size of the campus necessitates a class size of about 200 so it shouldn't drop below that point.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 07:40:53 PM »
If you don't mind my asking...what is the name of the Dean of Admissions?

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 03:08:13 AM »
His name is Adam Barrett

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 03:12:31 AM »
Adam Barrett is actually the Assistant Dean of Admission, but he seems to be the public face of the department. Really nice guy, he'll always give you the time of day.