Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge Law School admits...  (Read 2264 times)

frontier

• View Profile
McGeorge Law School admits...
« on: April 12, 2004, 12:29:46 PM »
For anyone who has been accepted; when are your first deposits due?  I'm trying to get an idea of when they might be sending out more responses...thanks

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
Re: McGeorge Law School admits...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 04:51:50 PM »
First deposit was April 1.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »
Were you personally accepted or do you know this from a friend/acquaintance?  Will you be attending?  Have you visited the school?  What's it like?

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 04:58:06 PM »
I was accepted.

I'm leaning toward attending, though I haven't ever visited the school. Since I live in South Florida, I can't just pop in. But I'm still considering making a trip out there before I make my final decision. Like many others, I'm still waiting to hear from several other California schools.

I have spent several years living in the Sacramento area, though, so I know about those aspects. Just haven't visited the law school.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 05:01:23 PM »
So I assume you sent in a deposit?  I applied late and I'm eager to find out becuase my girlfriend has a great job in the area so UOP would be ideal...
I'm thinking there should be another wave of letters coming out.

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 05:08:12 PM »
I sent in my deposit. I'd agree; there should be another wave of letters coming out soon. I'll cross my fingers for you.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:12:15 PM »
Thanks for the bit of info.  Good luck to you...

Edit:  One more question; in what form did the acceptance arrive?  Standard envelope; business envelope?  What was included with the letter?

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 06:09:49 PM »
I'm having trouble remembering, but I want to say it was a regular-size envelope that was pretty thick. Seems like I knew right away it was an acceptance. It's been awhile, though, I could be wrong.

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 06:42:16 PM »
Frontier, McGeorge may be slightly late sending out their second wave of law admits. I was at McGeorge today talking to the Dean of admissions about some scholarships and also to hand in my deposit and I overheard the admissions office people saying the computer system went down. Apparently the waitlist crashed the system and they currently donít have access to their records. From what I heard the tech support people were working on it and it should be up in two days but it might take longer.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 06:44:12 PM »
Thanks for the info...I'm trying to keep myself from going crazy.  I have to gather that their waitlist is quite large.  That's a list I really don't care to be on.