Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Hofstra trying to attract better students?  (Read 1518 times)

scolomon

Re: Is Hofstra trying to attract better students?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 03:12:52 PM »
i got rejected from uconn, i hated seton hall, was acepted there

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 04:03:09 PM »
Did you get any money from Seton Hall? I'm curious how they treast instate applicants. I'm originally from CT and have family around UCONN law. Besides being a top tier school, that is my main reason for applying there.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

scolomon

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 07:09:12 PM »
I am from fairfield area in CT...
Funny story about seton hall.....
they got information about how i did on the lsats after i took them last june and they sent me an email saying they would give me a 12,500 scholarship a year and would reserve a spot in their class for me for 2003-2004
I called the admissions office and told them I was only a junior and they put assistant director of admissions on and he said apply next year and the standards will be relatively similar
well, long story short, i applied again they didnt offer me money, so i called again and they said their criteria had risen a bit since the last year.
So competitive.
Whatever, who wants to live in Newark anyway?  2 blocks from seton hall it smells like burnt rubber.
Yeah, they are improving it, and YES you dont have to live right in newark but I didnt feel like seton hall had any sense of community.
Plus I am Jewish and seeing Jesus hanging on the cross from time to time is a little unnerving.