Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Michigan! Now what?  (Read 1899 times)

Mark909

Waitlisted at Michigan! Now what?
« on: November 20, 2004, 03:14:18 PM »
Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with the letter.  I received a 166 on the LSAT. My GPA was a 3.0. 

What now? Just wait?  This and Baylor are the only schools I applied to!

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: Waitlisted at Michigan! Now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 03:15:35 PM »
You should really consider casting your net a little wider. If you have any fee waivers, use them.

My condolonces. But at least you have a shot, right?
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 05:35:12 PM »
did you apply binding early decision or are you the first of the regular decision people to get any type of letter?

other than my question, I would agree with the above poster that you send out some other apps asap unless you're set on going to Baylor.

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 05:48:05 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, but there is still hope! Most people who apply to Michigan get rejected, so you still have a lot to be proud of.  plus, you have great numbers so you should definately apply to some other schools.  I was wondering when you went complete, as well as if you were early decision?

vmersich

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 12:36:02 PM »
I don't think this is something to be overly upset about, is it?

You got waitlisted at a top-10!  Now send them something that say you're too interested to wipe properly.  And something that says you've been doing well in the meantime (a new letter of rec, updated transcripts).

Best of luck! 

Michiganhopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:57:09 PM »
Man, i'd be SOOO happy with a waitlist from Michigan.  I think my rejection should be coming in the mail soon (164 with a 3.79).  On the bright side, to get waitlisted by michigan, you must have had some outstanding "soft"factors, I don't know whether this makes you feel any better but that probably means you just a hella lot better person than those people who get in to top schools with just GPA and LSAT. 

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:56:23 AM »

Ok..So I got deferred into the regular appl. pool at Michigan but the Dean of Admissions wrote me a little note on the letter they sent me.  Did this lady take the time to write a little note on everyone's defferal or is that kind of odd?  Anyone?
Thanks!
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 12:06:18 PM »

Its just my favorite school, and I just want to know if you guys think the Dean kind of likes my app or something!
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC