Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: go to google and search for "third tier toilet"  (Read 2099 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: go to google and search for "third tier toilet"
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 09:43:22 AM »

what movies?

"National Treasure" and "Shawn of the Dead".  Not my normal type, but my roommate had a day off from work, and I was up for some laughs (oh, Nicholas Cage. . .where is your career going?). :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2004, 10:25:13 AM »
A hint about Google: your subject-line here becomes a link to the thread (of course) so right now I see that this thread is actually in the top spot for TTT (because links are valuable).  In a way, you've actually set up LSD to compete with Cooley for the top spot.  A better strategy would be never to mention "TTT", especially in links, unless it's a link to your G-bomb.

Of course, subject lines should be descriptive for the sake of usability here.

DOWNY

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 02:11:17 PM »
A hint about Google: your subject-line here becomes a link to the thread (of course) so right now I see that this thread is actually in the top spot for TTT (because links are valuable).  In a way, you've actually set up LSD to compete with Cooley for the top spot.  A better strategy would be never to mention "TTT", especially in links, unless it's a link to your G-bomb.

Of course, subject lines should be descriptive for the sake of usability here.

Hmm....so should I remove "T.T.T." from the subject?

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 02:24:21 PM »
Andrew-- The weight of anchor link (and, hopefully, others-- Downy, you're on multiple sites, aren't you? If you could, try modifying your sig for each one) should outweigh saying TTT on the board. It's just a matter of time. So far, Cooley doesn't appear in the TTT results at all, but the index just hasn't caught up with the bomb yet.....

UPDATE: Nevermind, it is working: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22third+tier+toilet%22+cooley&btnG=Search

It's still a low-scoring result, but it's picking up steam.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

A.J

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 02:35:33 PM »
The question is, will you get Cooley simply by searching for third tier toilet or vise versa?

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 02:38:07 PM »
AJ-- Eventually, searching for "Third Tier Toilet" should have Cooley as the top result. If you want to help, put the bomb in your sig. It should take about 3 more weeks, I think.

I suppose a reverse google bomb could cause a search for "Cooley" to lead to a site that defines what a TTT is...
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

A.J

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 02:40:39 PM »
Sure, why not. I'll go with a lower case ttt Rally the troops...

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 10:52:54 PM »
In my opinion, a true Google bomb would go the other way (point "Cooley" to a picture of a toilet or something.)

http://andrewsinclair.org/archive/googlebombs.htm

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 10:56:35 PM »
Exactly. I thought of that exact same thing when DOWNY brought up the thread about ttt and Cooley. We need to find a way to make it so when people search for "Cooley" or "Cooley Law" they get threads making fun of the school/making fun of its ranking system/or the picture of a festering toilet.

In my opinion, a true Google bomb would go the other way (point "Cooley" to a picture of a toilet or something.)

http://andrewsinclair.org/archive/googlebombs.htm

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 11:30:31 AM »
downy need new joke, fast.  maybe then he get attention he craves.  (julie get attention because she so pretty.)