Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best/Worst Law School Campus  (Read 4200 times)

Hocine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best/Worst Law School Campus
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »
How many of these law schools are far from the main (undergrad/med/b-school/etc) campus?

mjb691

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »
How many of these law schools are far from the main (undergrad/med/b-school/etc) campus?

NU is far away from the main campus (downtown Chicago versus Evanston). It's about 35 minutes by El, maybe 25 by car in no traffic. It is, however, right next to the medical school and the enormous Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Georgetown is away also, maybe 10-15 by car, but no clear Metro route (at least not that I remember)

Mike
ATTENDING: Penn
IN: WUSTL, Fordham, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Temple
THE REST: Doesn't matter

Hocine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2004, 05:47:37 PM »
I wanna go to a law school that's "part of a campus" but if georgetown or northwestern take me, I'll deal with it ;)

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2004, 06:42:56 PM »

UVA law school is separated from the Undergrad buildings but right next to the B school.
It's also very close to the basketball coliseum and next to a gym.
UVA also has a aquatic fitness center with olympic size pools not too far away from law school.

Hocine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004, 06:48:44 PM »
Yeah I just got the info/app packet thingy from UVA.. it looks really great

They accept 60% of applicants with my numbers.. hopefully I'll be one of those 60% this admission's cycle.. definately one of my top choices

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 03:14:09 PM »
I was there 6 years (because of grad school and not because I'm slow  ;D) and loved it!.
Now I live near DC (in Alexandria) and I miss C'ville for many things including the food.

Dude, quit copying me!  You're right, though.

UVA is the correct answer.  HTH.

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004, 03:42:52 PM »
The University of San Francisco's law school is on top of a steep hill right near Golden Gate Park, and has amazing views in all directions--mountains, ocean, city, bay, etc.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004, 10:46:26 PM »
Chapman is only 9 years old so the law building is brand new, ergonomic and beautiful. Plus it's on a gorgeous college campus. Too bad it's 4th tier.

Pepperdine . . . drool. And what a view!

Pictures of McGeorge are goregous and it's spread out like a typical college. Plus they have on campus housing--nice!

Loyola LA is a concrete jungle. It's in a terrible neighborhood and it is ugly and isn't aging well.

Santa Clara is built in the old spanish architecture. Gorgeous and in a good residential neighboorhood with a train nearby and lots of stuff in walking distance. Including the Triton Museum which always has intriguing modern art.

Stanford is also beautiful and it never gets too hot. I'm not a fan of the parking situation.

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2004, 01:39:35 PM »
McGeorge has a pretty campus in that it has lots of trees and shade, and there is a park across the street. The buildings are so-so. The neighborhood leaves much to be desired, however, although it has been slowly gentrifying.

Santa Clara has a fairly attractive campus as well--lawns, flowering flora, etc. but the surrounds are suburban. Train service is extremely limited.

wrmusgro

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2004, 05:04:23 PM »
Florida Coastal's campus is just some run down office buildings, and to top things off a Big Lots is right across the street in a strip Mall. Congrats, FCSL, you win the worst campus award! Woohoo!