Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pittsburgh  (Read 1824 times)

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
University of Pittsburgh
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:54:50 PM »
I received this today.  My first one.  What a suprise!  My boarderline numbers somehow held up.  Anyone else hear?

OnDayAtaTime

Re: University of Pittsburgh
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 08:00:01 PM »
Congrats!

What were your #'s (if you don't mind) and when did you submit.

A226

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 08:41:15 PM »
When did you send your application in? When did you go complete?

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 12:05:06 AM »
Congratulations! That's awesome.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

vmersich

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 02:27:33 AM »
Congrats!  Pittsburgh's a great city.  If you aren't familiar with it, PM and I can give you a general overview.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 02:31:18 AM »
just stay out of Oakland.. i nearly got shot there.

vmersich

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 02:35:11 AM »

Yeah, just stay out of Oakland.  The law school is in Oakland, but you'll be able to avoid it, I'm sure.  ;)

Oakland really isn't that bad, Franz.  Especially after having lived in north philly and in New Orleans . . . Wilkinsburg can be rough in parts.  But oakland is only dangerous for women (huge sexist overgeneralization, but not far from the truth).  In fact, Pittsburgh has a very low crime rate for a city its size. 

As far as living in Oakland, though, Franz is probably right. It's not that nice, and there are really nice neighborhoods (shadyside) just a mile away.  And they are still cheap to rent in (450 for a nice 1-bedroom). 

foxnewssucks

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 02:41:13 AM »

Yeah, just stay out of Oakland.  The law school is in Oakland, but you'll be able to avoid it, I'm sure.  ;)

Oakland really isn't that bad, Franz.  Especially after having lived in north philly and in New Orleans . . . Wilkinsburg can be rough in parts.  But oakland is only dangerous for women (huge sexist overgeneralization, but not far from the truth).  In fact, Pittsburgh has a very low crime rate for a city its size. 

As far as living in Oakland, though, Franz is probably right. It's not that nice, and there are really nice neighborhoods (shadyside) just a mile away.  And they are still cheap to rent in (450 for a nice 1-bedroom). 

i dont really know much about it but i was helping this girl move there because she was starting school there and we were just kicking at this party and we literally became a part of a drive-by.  the only good thing about it is that i instinctively pulled her to the ground when i heard gun shots and she still sends me something on my birthday each year.  :)

vmersich

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 02:44:48 AM »
damn.  sorry to hear that. 

Yeah, Oakland can be poopy once in awhile.  Perhaps I am being too light on it.  I just tend to compare it with these other much scarier places I've lived. 

foxnewssucks

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 02:50:25 AM »
damn.  sorry to hear that. 

Yeah, Oakland can be poopy once in awhile.  Perhaps I am being too light on it.  I just tend to compare it with these other much scarier places I've lived. 

thats ok.. i had a good experience near there last spring.. i went to a Pitt b-ball game.. not sure who the hell they were playing anymore, but it was a big game, Pitt lost, but after the game we were at a bar and Mark Cuban walked in bought us all drinks and took us off to the strip club. funny guy.  I guess he is from that area? he sure doesnt act like a billionaire.