Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: assistant moderators  (Read 10256 times)

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: assistant moderators
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2004, 02:58:48 PM »
"Global" Moderator? cool LSAT reference. Anyway, Andrew why havent you answered my PM? you used to answer them in 30 seconds or less on some Domonies Pizza shiet.

noell

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2004, 03:05:55 PM »
I think it's a great idea.  I have time to help you Pookie if you need to.  This board is really no fun when there are so many copy accounts and degrading posts, and being told off by someone when all I ask is what is going on is unacceptable.  It just makes me want to leave, and I really don't want to.

So, let me know if you guys need help with moderating ... have I have tons of experience moderating groups on Yahoo! ... lol ...

NYKnicks

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2004, 03:54:58 PM »
Hmm, I could probably moderate too, I only work part time, and I spend enough time moping around here anyway.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2004, 04:01:11 PM »
BTW:

I can't make the time commitment to moderate here. However, if you need any database help (this forum uses SQL, right?), look me up.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2004, 04:30:45 PM »
victor, give andrew a break re replying time.  i don't think he was signed on last night.  unlike some of us (read: me), he was probably out having fun on saturday night.  (in my defense, i felt quite ill last night and cancelled plans last minute.)

thanks for the help offers, noell and reindeer!  when things are reported to the moderator (see the little link in every post), i get a little e-mail alert.  so if something offends, report it and andrew or i can move it to the hate board.

javert, i assume your post was meant for andrew.  all i know about SQL is that it's pronounced as one word that sounds like "sequel."
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2004, 05:21:33 PM »
The homey Andrew replied a while ago so things are fine and dandy.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2004, 05:27:28 PM »
javert, i assume your post was meant for andrew. all i know about SQL is that it's pronounced as one word that sounds like "sequel."

;D. It was directed at Andrew, then. Andrew- Happy to help if you're having any DB problems. Not something you need most of the time, but if you do, look me up. [It should also be possible to figure out who's responsible for the trolls, assuming they're not smart enough to use proxies......]
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

DOWNY

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2004, 07:16:49 PM »
Sign the DOWNY moderator petition. You know you want DOWNY to be a moderator.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,15068.msg228229.html#msg228229

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2004, 12:00:31 PM »
Javert - I'll definitly look you up next time I'm having trouble.  I run into problems when I try to move the database because it's so big - have to do a lot of stuff in bits when there might be an easier way.  Thanks for offering to help.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2004, 05:54:01 PM »
I would love the opportunity to be a global moderator I have been active in LSD since August 03, and I have helped countless individuals in their law school application processes. I would love to stamp out non-topical and outright trollish behavior in order to maintain the integrity of this site and continue to provide service to those that are in need. I have spent many hours researching and replying to posts so that I can give an educated and heartfelt response and I loath those individuals that take advantage of the system (trolls). Andrew, please give the opportunity to keep LSD infrmative and helpful for a long time to come. I was the first Sr. Citizen by helping out those that needed the help and had questions, let's not let trolls take these positions in  LSD (up to an including LSD obessed markers) and reserve these places for those who have earned it (TDPOOKIE1 is one of them)

Thank you for listening and any LSD vets want to vouche for me please feel free.
Darrell Duncan (aka Ivy_Hopeful)
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141