Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: assistant moderators  (Read 9903 times)

rwhitman

Re: assistant moderators
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 03:28:18 PM »
Thanks.  I don't think anyone is ever going to be getting special privileges for posting a certain number of posts.  That would just encourage worthless posts and invite spam.

I think it would become self-regulating, as the assistant moderators would see this kind of activity and delete the worthless spam.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 03:38:01 PM »
Hmm.  Good point.  I think I'll start with hand picking moderators for now though.  Anyone interested should send me a note.

desi

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 04:55:06 PM »
desi, do you mean that you personally wouldn't volunteer, or that you wouldn't volunteer if you were me?  if the latter, please explain :)

thanks for the support, guys!  hopefully andrew supports it too :)

DOWNY, did you see the posts?  the troll copy/pasted a bunch of your posts repeatedly.

both pookie... i wouldn't volunteer because I don't have the time.  I wouldn't volunteer if I were you because you're too sweet and you don't want to piss people off by killing their threads or deleting their accounts, etc.  Plus, will you really have the time?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 04:58:22 PM »
good points, desi.  i apparently have the time to become LSD obsessed (though many of my posts came from the one-word thread, but certainly not so many of them that i wouldn't be LSD obsessed now).  and my understanding of the moving of threads was that you just move the one post that's from a troll to the hate board, but the original thread remains intact.  we'll see how it goes, though.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

maricutie

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 05:38:43 PM »
Second the nomination!!!

A.J.-the real A.J

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 06:03:36 PM »
We need Pookie!

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 08:04:42 PM »
Thanks.  I don't think anyone is ever going to be getting special privileges for posting a certain number of posts.  That would just encourage worthless posts and invite spam.

I agree with this.

LSD Obsessed people should instead be rewarded with one LSD avatar courtesy of Koga.

And I too think that Pookie will make an excellent moderator.
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

DOWNY

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 08:08:13 PM »
I nominate myself to be a mod.

Since all the trolls model themselves after me I will be most efficient in liquidating them.

Vote DOWNY.

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 12:46:08 PM »
I agree that hand-picking moderators is much better than an automatic status. I think pookie would be a great moderator - we all know her, she's clearly a dedicated LSDer and would certainly be fair and effective as a moderator.

A.J.-the real A.J

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 12:47:24 PM »
She is a moderator.  Her status got upped last night.