Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from NYU  (Read 789 times)

Speedracer

• View Profile
Anyone heard from NYU
« on: April 11, 2004, 12:18:50 AM »
Hey I sent my app in November and still havent heard back?
Anyone in my situation?

-Speed

1L2004

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard from NYU
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 12:27:42 AM »
I also sent apps in November. NYU is strange...I was admitted to several schools before they even "completed" my app. Still haven't heard anything...so I'm going to CLS.  A bunch of people at the CLS admitted student event last week were also still in the dark about NYU...I believe reference was made to "deathly silence from Vanderbilt Hall"

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 12:49:41 AM »
No news thus far from NYU is probably good news.  I sent in my app in January and was (not surprisingly) rejected in mid-March.  They never even let me know that my app was complete.  I had a 3.53 GPA and a 161 LSAT.  Good luck!

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 12:57:29 AM »
I had a really different experience with NYU. . .  My app was sent 11/5, completed a couple of weeks later, and I received my admission letter about a week after that.  Then I got my scholarship letter 3/16.  I had pretty much the sam experience with g-town, CLS, and UVa.  UPenn actually took a long time to get back to me (long enough for me to not care by the time I got it)
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

falconred

• View Profile
    • FalconRed Goes to Law School
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 03:43:06 AM »
App submitted late december, was told in mid-march that it was complete and to expect a decision in mid-april.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 08:53:35 AM »
App submitted late december, was told in mid-march that it was complete and to expect a decision in mid-april.

I had a similar experience...submitted late Jan., went complete 2/27 (that's when I got the email), told to expect decision by mid to late April...not holding breath.

Chris