Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLS scholarship!  (Read 957 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
CLS scholarship!
« on: April 10, 2004, 10:01:27 PM »
I got my CLS (columbia) fin. aid package today, and I was expecting to see that it was nothing, since the director of admissions told me CLS didn't give out merit based aid like NYU and other schools did.  Imagine my surprise when I read that I had gotten $45,000!!!!  I'm just shocked now.  They not only gave me money, but they actually beat NYU by $2,500. 
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

thechoson

Re: CLS scholarship!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 10:03:13 PM »
Congrats, that is so awesome!

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 11:04:48 PM »
Now I have to choose NYU with $42,500, CLS with $45,000, or UVa with $60,000. . . I'm still leaning towards NYu, uless Yale comes through *is tired of having fingers crossed so long*
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

1L2004

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 12:22:50 AM »
way to go CLS!!!  I got the finaid letter today as well and...OMG 45K! (so much better than Cornell)  I'm more than a bit psyched.  Hope to see you uptown this fall...otherwise we'll be beating y'all at the Dean's Cup!

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 01:00:18 AM »
I just got a better feel at NYU then at CLS, but they're both amazing.  Out of curiosity, what were your numbers like, since we got the same great scholarship? 

I'm 175/3.99 philosophy major at a top state college (not university).  I have no EC's lots of honors, a research grants, and a personal statement detailing my extenisvie family health care obligations.

toiysam

• MSN Messenger - toiysam@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • 2LawSchool
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 07:03:28 AM »
zpops,
as i know you are pending in harvard, any response from them?? I woulnd't turn them down so easily without at least visiting them.
anyways, good luck with yale.

visit http://2lawschool.blog-city.com

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 12:01:37 PM »
No response yet.  I will call them tommorrow, and inform them of my deadline.  They were specific about not wanting ot receive calls, but I MUST know by the 25th.  If admitted, I certainly will visit. Even though they won't give me money, I'd certainly still consider it.