Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Learning law by reading books?  (Read 797 times)

TLFKARG

Re: Learning law by reading books?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 12:06:35 AM »
Wow. That's really cool if that is true. That means if you pass the bar, you can start your own legal practice. You can make probably at least some decent money after a while, or it could just be a little part-time ad-based job to earn some extra cash!

Yeah, cause folks are beatin' down the doors of law offices of people that never went to law school... 
You know it!  Hell, why am I wasting my time and money again?  Oh, wait, because I am going to be able to actually get a job and clients. What a concept!

Sorry, but only draino is allowed to make sarcastic comments about my posts. Go away.

Sorry, buddy, but I have you on seniority here, so if anyone should leave, it ought to be you. 

Lipper316

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »
Wow. That's really cool if that is true. That means if you pass the bar, you can start your own legal practice. You can make probably at least some decent money after a while, or it could just be a little part-time ad-based job to earn some extra cash!

Yeah, cause folks are beatin' down the doors of law offices of people that never went to law school... 
You know it!  Hell, why am I wasting my time and money again?  Oh, wait, because I am going to be able to actually get a job and clients. What a concept!

Sorry, but only draino is allowed to make sarcastic comments about my posts. Go away.

Sorry, buddy, but I have you on seniority here, so if anyone should leave, it ought to be you. 

is that really something you want to brag about?

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 12:16:24 AM »
HAHAHAAHAHAHA

That is f-ing awesome!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

TLFKARG

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 12:23:03 AM »

Am I supposed to feel insulted?

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 12:24:52 AM »
Hoes don't get insulted. HTH

Lipper316

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 12:40:11 AM »

Am I supposed to feel insulted?

it was a question. take what u want from it.

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 12:42:25 AM »
Ruskie's my sensitive female dog. Leave her alone. HTH

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 01:14:50 AM »
lol.

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 01:29:28 AM »
Who are you anyway, and why did you think it would be a good idea to start a fight with me for no reason whatsoever?

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 08:55:40 AM »
I thought that you could read your way into the law in some states. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that in California you can become a lawyer if you pass the bar (no law school required). Or maybe that was Nevada. Or maybe I'm full of it. Anybody know?

This explains it:

http://www.lawschool.com/skip.htm