Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: third rec only so-so should I send it at all?  (Read 403 times)

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
third rec only so-so should I send it at all?
« on: November 18, 2004, 02:44:36 PM »
so my third recommender sent me a copy of the rec and it is pretty blah -- kd is a good student, a good worker and will succeed in law school -- that's pretty much all it said.  Should I send it at all?
My plan was to only send it to the schools that recommended three, but not to those that didn't specify. 
Do you guys think a so-so rec actually hurts someone at all?
It's from a local attorney that I took one class with and then worked for.  He knows me really well, so I was surprised that he didn't put more effort into the rec., but I think he thought he was writing an excellent rec.
3.8/165

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
Re: third rec only so-so should I send it at all?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 02:50:36 PM »
I would only send it to those schools that require three.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

maricutie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 02:54:32 PM »
Same boat. Ended up sending it b/c I figured it couldn't hurt ... my previous 2 were pretty good, though.

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 01:06:45 AM »
How should one respond when a friend says "Hey, I just ate lunch, at McDonald's"? Should we tell the friend that McDonald's is T.T.T. or should we just let it ride? What if someone is just looking third tier toilet one day- should we tell them? I say we should, because if i was looking third tier toilet I would want someone to tell me- it's like if you have something stuck in your teeth. And what is to be done about these people who think their kids' T.T.T.s are great law schools and everything else is sh*t- should we inform them, or just wait a couple years and wait for the T.T.T. students to be unemployed?

Because really people- T.T.T. students/parents who THINK they are elite are NO BETTER than non-T.T.T. students/parents who are elite- it's the thought that counts. If I say and honestly believe "Oh, you're applying to Yale? Well, if you were a better applicant you might get into Cooley," it is effectually the exact same thing as doing it in reverse. Some people don't know anything about law schools, but that sure doesn't prevent them from being elitist (even if their elitism is misplaced). OH sh*t DOWNY REVELATION.

DOWNY