Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: embarassing tv shows  (Read 1335 times)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: embarassing tv shows
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 02:18:21 PM »
@amarian: All the photos that I have are about 1 or 2 years old (this one 2 I think).  The slide is new, I do look a bit older I guess.

@lucky: my friend thinks this show is the best thing since sliced bread; she tries to get me to watch it but I just can't get into it.
No longer here.

scc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 02:44:52 PM »
I loved the first Temptation Island and the first Joe Millionaire.

Freshmen year my friends and I also used to wach Passions, the soap opera.  If you haven't seen it, it's impossible to give it justice.

buster

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 02:53:30 PM »
Sometimes I watch C-Span when they're taking calls. It's hysterically funny.

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 03:23:39 PM »
I always seem to accidentally stop on Boy Meets World reruns.

texas1

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:25:11 PM »
I love a good train wreck, so late at night I will sometimes flip on "Blind Date" to revel in the datees' discomfort...

But what is more embarassing to me personally is re-viewing tv shows that I used to watch and enjoy as a kid or young teenager, and seeing how awful they truly were. For instance:

Dukes of Hazard
21 Jumpstreet
Chips
Buck Rogers
Kolchak - The Night Stalker
BJ and the Bear

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 03:29:51 PM »
I have been addicted to Big Brother in the past....

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 03:30:39 PM »
Ah yes...Blind Date.  I still remember the episode where this jackass steps back to get a good look at his date, and comments on her petite size by exclaiming "I could split you like wet pine."  Nice.  Charm school was in session that night.

I love a good train wreck, so late at night I will sometimes flip on "Blind Date" to revel in the datees' discomfort...

But what is more embarassing to me personally is re-viewing tv shows that I used to watch and enjoy as a kid or young teenager, and seeing how awful they truly were. For instance:

Dukes of Hazard
21 Jumpstreet
Chips
Buck Rogers
Kolchak - The Night Stalker
BJ and the Bear

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

texas1

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 03:37:28 PM »
Ah yes...Blind Date.  I still remember the episode where this jackass steps back to get a good look at his date, and comments on her petite size by exclaiming "I could split you like wet pine."  Nice.  Charm school was in session that night.

My favorite was the one where the girl claimed to be able to achieve the big O with someone just kissing her neck...later in the show she finally maneuvered the guy into kissing her neck and was like "don't stop, don't stop, oh, oh, ooohhhhhhhhh!." I hope that kind of programming makes it to prime time in the near future.

lexylit

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 03:39:42 PM »

bmw is great, but even better was when my 28-yr-old brother walked in on me watching it a couple years ago and was like "oh, boy meets world, topanga is SO HOT!"

--not realizing it was one of the early episodes, in which topange is totally prepubescent. she's like 11. omg, i was dying.

vegemitemama

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 03:46:02 PM »

bmw is great, but even better was when my 28-yr-old brother walked in on me watching it a couple years ago and was like "oh, boy meets world, topanga is SO HOT!"

--not realizing it was one of the early episodes, in which topange is totally prepubescent. she's like 11. omg, i was dying.
:D :D :D That's hilarious.