Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: do you trust status checks?  (Read 1996 times)

lexylit

do you trust status checks?
« on: November 18, 2004, 12:35:40 PM »
has anyone actually seen their online status switch to "decision" and then sat around and waited for the letter?

i think all we've seen so far is a)people who got decisions but their online status still says "complete"; and b) people who finally went to decision online and then were notified right after that by e-mail.

just curious...

beantown

• View Profile
Re: do you trust status checks?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 12:54:30 PM »
I'm a little confused...do you mean that they receive an e-mail that their application is complete or the e-mail contains the decision. If it's the latter, I thought it was GULC's policy not to send decisions via e-mail.

Also, is GULC the only school that has an online status check system?

GoDawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 02:31:37 PM »
UGA has one.

bataviaSam

• AOL Instant Messenger - bataviaSam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 02:36:59 PM »
As does Ohio State.

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 03:03:02 PM »
A lot of schools have status checks. I think some are kept up better than others. I think GULC is slow to be updated. I'm sure some of the others are more accurate.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 03:06:26 PM »
west virginia university has one and it refreshes automatically every 15 seconds.

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 03:39:18 PM »
The funny thing about GULC's is that it says it was updated once a day ...  it actually gives you the date and time it was last updated.  But it doesn't reflect the decisions that have been mailed, not sure why that is.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:54:14 AM »
UGA has the online status update, adn give you the decision, but I never received an email saying my status was updated or a decision was made or anything.

So I guess obsessively checking my status online at least once a day paid off. :)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 12:20:44 PM »
Georgetown was showing as 'complete' (instead of 'decision') well after I had my acceptance letter posted on my fridge. Conversely, Texas had "Your file is complete" and "Your LSDAS report has been received" before LSAC even processed their request for a report.

It's just a placebo mechanism to keep students from bothering admissions officials. It's brilliant.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

T-Money

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 02:00:12 PM »
Actually, a couple days ago I was using Baylor's online status check and it showed decision and gave me the date the letter was mailed.  So I've been checking my mail for the past few days, but no letter from them yet...  I think I'm one of the few (at any school) who actually had their online status change before the letter came.