Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Send updated transcript?  (Read 552 times)

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Send updated transcript?
« on: November 18, 2004, 01:51:49 AM »
I sent my transcripts in August (beat the rush!) .  The thing is I was taking summer classes at the time.  I sent them in right after summer semester and Im not sure if the final grades for my summer classes would be on there.  Should I send a new transcript? OR should I call LSAC, and would they actually be able to look at my transcript and tell me if my summer grades were on there?

"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Send updated transcript?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 01:55:53 AM »
can't you just look at your academic summary report and see how many units they gave you credit for and compare with your school transcript?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 01:58:19 AM »
haha funny i was just replying to ur thread.   :o  Well Im on quarter system, dont they convert it to semesters?

can't you just look at your academic summary report and see how many units they gave you credit for and compare with your school transcript?
"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 02:07:50 AM »
have you always been on quarter system?  multiply your quarter units by 2/3rds to get your semester units.  if you took any JC classes, add your semester units to that number.  compare to what LSAC has for you.

or, check out my transcript excel file here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,12303.0.html
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:30:04 PM »
If there's even a 1% chance that sending in new 'scripts will increase your GPA, then you should do it. It's what, $10 and maybe 10 minutes of your time? If you have any doubt whatsoever that LSAC has those grades, get new transcripts in ASAP. They should still be processed and sent out before most schools make the bulk of their decisions.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 12:08:45 AM »
I don't know who the #@!* you are, but you're obviously aware of me- hence I win by default.

Nonetheless, I note for the record that you are a worthless trailer-park loser-fucker feminine hygiene product who will never amount to anything in life. You are a worthless piece of sh*t and I laugh at your very existence. Die slow, fuckjob.

Now that the above issue has been settled, I will address the UMN questions.

1. The students are in the middle in terms of hottness. Not great, but not terrible. The school draws students from all over so there's a good mix.

2. It's cold as sh*t most of the time, and it rains a lot. However my experience is that most of the upper midwest/northeast is also like this. Winter hasn't hit yet so I can't comment on snow.

3. It's not overtly competitive, but the undercurrent is there. I'd imagine its like most comparably ranked schools- people try not to act competitive but you can tell it's there.

DOWNY