Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looking for the best Pre-Law colleges  (Read 45800 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Looking for the best Pre-Law colleges
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2005, 10:43:40 PM »
taking at least one law-related class is good to help you make sure you like discussing cases.  class in logic also can be helpful on lsat.

I heart logic.

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2005, 04:29:03 PM »
I think that the University of Phoenix offers an excellent online Pre-Law major. 
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

V00Jeff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 10:51:23 AM »
Honestly, look for a school with a good reputation, solid liberal arts stuff, and a lot of grade inflation.
Attending: Columbia

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 09:29:10 AM »
do that with straight face, you mean?

asugirliegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 02:48:29 PM »
something to consider...
after 4 years of undergrad, you might not get into law school or you might decide that you do not want to be a lawyer.
in picking a major, choose one that 1) will prepare you for law school and 2) will help you find a job in an area you want should you decide not to go to law school.
also, if you're interested in a particular area of law, you might need a specific undergrad degree (i.e. accounting or finance for tax law or some sort of science for medical malpractice, etc)

WreckInTurn4

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
Can someone please post how the usual timeline is for someone that eventually goes into law school. I've been told four years of college, sometimes three.  :-\ Can someone just clarify what the common routine is(Like four years of highschool, four years of college(apply in junior year, and take LSAT). Is that correct?

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2005, 10:55:38 PM »
4 years HS
4-5 years college
[take LSAT June of junior year>]
(optional) 1-3 years work after college
Apply the fall before you plan to start law school
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
I would say go wherever you want- but if you are trying to choose between 2 or 3 schools, pick the one that has a pre-law advisor.  Ours has been an amazing resource and I don't how people at schools without one find out all the stuff that she tells us (I guess they read message boards).

Also, she is very connected with the law school community so we get almost every dean/admissions director from texas law schools and some out-of-state schools as well.  Very nice resource to have.

PM me if you have any questions for me (doubt you will) b/c I don't usually check this board.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2005, 02:24:17 PM »
I would say go wherever you want- but if you are trying to choose between 2 or 3 schools, pick the one that has a pre-law advisor.  Ours has been an amazing resource and I don't how people at schools without one find out all the stuff that she tells us (I guess they read message boards).

Also, she is very connected with the law school community so we get almost every dean/admissions director from texas law schools and some out-of-state schools as well.  Very nice resource to have.

PM me if you have any questions for me (doubt you will) b/c I don't usually check this board.

To be fair, many people have shared experiences with their pre-law advisors here that sound simply horrible. Having a bad pre-law advisior may be worse than not having one at all.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 05:09:35 AM »
My pre-law advisor taught one of the history classes I took freshman year... she was a b*tch then, and I have no reason to believe she's not one now; so I've never talked to her about law stuff. Honestly, I think LSD is better than any advisor, anyway.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington