Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Test Center Reviews  (Read 5823 times)

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAT Test Center Reviews
« on: November 17, 2004, 05:07:16 PM »
Andrew, how about starting a LSAT Test Center Review board!

Where people can vent their experiences, frustrations, etc. of where they took the LSAT to help others plan accordingly.

Thanks, Andrew ;D

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT Test Center Reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 02:20:29 AM »
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 02:32:04 AM »
I took the LSAT in a tiny room with 6 cubicles inside.  It was very hot that day, and extremely hot inside that tiny room.  Someone got the bright idea to turn on the air conditioner, which just so happened to be right next to my head.  It was an old, crappy air conditioner that was pretty loud.  it made a whirring noise that went up and down in pitch, not to mention the fact that freezing air was blowing on my head for 5 hours.  Overall, not a good experience.  The only redeeming quality was the other people in the room were more comfortable because it was on. 

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 03:03:27 AM »
I had the worst hangover of my life last Monday (if you're familiar with DOWNY you know how bad this was). I puked a lot the night before.

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 09:17:07 AM »
TDPookie1, I was thinking more along the lines of

1) having it started on LSD

2) something more current

LawSchoolDreams3, what city or state were you in?

Thanks. ;)

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 08:00:59 PM »
Does anyone agree?

That Kaplan site is from 2002/2003! :o

I think we need something on this BOARD that's more up to date. :)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 08:28:59 PM »
i think it's a good idea, but i see potential problems.  the way this board is laid out, it might be hard to find the stuff.  if andrew is in favor of the idea, maybe we could have a separate sub-board for each state, and then test centers listed within there?  (andrew, i can help with this, or take on the task if you don't want to do it.)  but ideally, we'd be able to lock new topics from being formed so we don't end up with a bunch of duplicates.  (see the acceptances folder, where despite requests to use old threads, there are multiple threads for harvard, gtown, etc.)  and more than anywhere else, the threads shouldn't be off-topic or have extraneous comments like "wow, that sucks!"  don't mean to be a pessimist, but i don't see it working, at least in that traditional sense of how the different folders here function.  maybe we could lock all the topics and have people submit their reviews to a moderator, who will post the responses themselves, so as to filter out extraneous comments?  but that might end up being a really overwhelming task too.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 04:15:13 PM »
TDPookie, I don't think it would hard at all.

I'm not saying to do an exact model of the way Kaplan has it listing every state and year.  That's just too much.

For example, on 4lawschool.com if you click on discussion board, has a section entitled LSAT Test Center Reviews where everyone just puts a thumb up or down, list where they took the LSAT, and give a comment on that particular site.

It doesn't have to be anything massive like Kaplan's website.

PLEASE don't tell me to go over there then.  I think that site sucks.  That's why I'm here.

**I also think it could be listed on this board under LSAT or Accepted & Decided 1Ls since they would have first-hand experience and knowledge to pass on to others where to and not to take the LSAT**

HTH
Thanks. ;)