Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Baylor for the Fall and Spring...  (Read 2428 times)

moynkr

• View Profile
Re: Accepted at Baylor for the Fall and Spring...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 01:13:30 PM »
I have a few questions for all you lucky Baylor aceptees... :)

1) On the application, where they asked for "noteworthy community service work, extra-curriculars, etc..."  and they said not to put down any items that were listed on "supporting documents" - did ya'll list stuff there or did you attatch a resume.  I just put "see attatched resume" as all of those things were described more neatly and completely in my resume.  Now I am wondering if that was a mistake. 

2) Did ya'll apply for any or recieve any financial aid?  Was a some form I was supposed to fill out and send in with my app? 

My app was complete there on 10/4 and I am really anxious, especially when so many people have heard whose files were completeed way after mine!!!

Congrats to all you ya'll!  ::)
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 01:20:36 PM »
Sorry they are dragging for you. They were very quick with mine. Two weeks from applying to acceptance. Financial aid paperwork is done later, but scholarship opportunities come right away. You don't have to apply to them. Some of us have been posting receiving either half or full-tuition scholarships, as long as you maintain a decent GPA, you keep the scholarship all three years.

Good luck to those still waiting.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 09:25:21 PM »
So, of those accepted at Baylor, who all is planning on attending?  In the fall or spring?
Attending: Texas

UMHBmom

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 09:55:26 AM »
I got dragged a little. I was on top of things and had my stuff in on SEPT 1, within hours of them opening the online app. for Spring/ED. They requested my LSDAS report on the 7th, completed on the 11th, and then.... nuthin'. I finally got the envelope on 10/29 (my daughter's birthday) and the online status didn't reflect so much as a decision made until a week after that. "We update information once a day", my foot.  :-\

But, hey.... now that I'm in, it's all water under the bridge. My butt will be in a 1L seat in February. I'm a happy girl!  :D

mercutio_13

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 07:40:39 PM »
Fall for me.  As for the speed of the process, they e-mailed me with an electronic app. and a fee waiver after the LSAT scores came out.  I sent it back that day (a Friday).  As of the next monday, it said a decision had been made and by the next friday, I had a decision.  Now, my numbers aren't really anything special, so I think having all the material ready when I received the e-mail and promptly returning the app. must have looked good to them.  I also had some fairly impressive Rec. Letters. (I work with the 1996 Nobel Prize winner in Medicine.  Completely unfair advantage, but you take what you can get in this process.)