Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers  (Read 2704 times)

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
Rutgers
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:35:32 AM »
Did that has applied to Rutgers get a strange letter yesterday?  Its addresses the "Fall 05 entering class", but I haven't received an acceptance yet.  My numbers aren't so hot, and I'd applied to Rutgers as sort of a reach.  Based on law school numbers from last year it's not completely far fetched that I'd get in, but I'm totally not expecting it this early.  Any ideas?

NYKnicks

Re: Rutgers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 11:37:14 AM »
Which rutgers are you referring to? Camden or Newark? I applied to both and didn't receive anything like that. I guess I'll check my mail today and let you know. Any other info on the letter's contents? If you want to share that is.

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 11:41:47 AM »
Camden...  Sorry. 
It's from the dean, hand signed.  Really doesn't say much.  They strongly encourage me to attend rutgers, they're the best, close to philly, 2 hours from new york and baltimore, blah blah blah. 
It's just a strange letter, because it implies that I've been accepted. 
I set them an email but for the time being I'm too much of a sissy to call. 
I'm in baltimore so mail would be pretty quick from jersey to here.

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »
wow, i thought rutgers did not even start reviewing until december, I guess I could be wrong.

anyhow, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the mail.

strouse

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 11:44:54 AM »
I received it too.  sorry, but it is just a solicitation to apply I think.  I have a feeling it went out to anyone who inquired about the school.   :-\

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 11:46:15 AM »
Well seeing how I'm overly obsessed with this I checked law school numbers from last year's admissions cycle :) and their first acceptance went out 11/15.  
Also someone posted yesterday that they had been accepted to Rutgers.

NYKnicks

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 11:46:42 AM »
hey, at least it is a bit more serious than their free t-shirt offer. that was ridiculous.

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 11:47:08 AM »
 strouse - Have you applied to rutgers?

strouse

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 11:53:30 AM »
Yes, and i received that letter two days ago.  They said they do begin reviewing mid-november, but I am pretty sure if you get an acceptance letter, you won't have to ask what it was.  I think that it was a marketing piece.

Balletstr18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 11:54:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you're right but I'm going to hang on to my false hopes for a few more days  :)