Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown ED?  (Read 2105 times)

Kollesch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Georgetown ED?
« on: November 17, 2004, 10:50:51 AM »
So some people have been accepted EA at GT, but has anyone who applied ED been accepted? Are they looking at those people after the EA applicants then? What's the deal with Georgetown ED?

eileen2004

Re: Georgetown ED?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 11:08:04 AM »

I applied ED and haven't been accepted.  I'm not really expecting to be accepted though, so that's probably not too helpful for your purposes. 

Kollesch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 11:43:50 AM »
Lol, thanks for your reply but I don't really expect to be accepted wither (3.67/164).

GULCbound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:08:24 PM »
No one ED has heard... I am waiting on it too... I think a lot of the EA's who have heard were auto-admits based on their stats.

You can see my stats below... I hope they get back to us soon or reading about all of these warm fuzzy GULC acceptances is going to make me cry.
LSAT: 171 / UGPA: 3.43

Accepted: Georgetown ED, Northwestern, Boston College
Denied: None
Applied but Withdrew: BU, Duke, UPenn, UVA, American, GW

kh4st

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:38:26 PM »
I received my acceptance letter yesterday from GULC, Early Decision.  My application was complete according to the online status check ~11/5; although, the I'm positive the system lags a bit.

GULCbound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:47:38 AM »
Do you mind if I ask what your stats were (LSAT/UGPA/URM?)? And were you part time or full time?

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 03:47:20 PM »
Same boat as you guys .... ED (complete first week of Nov). Looks like it's all auto-admits first. With my numbers (165, 3.85) I am expecting to hear back on the Dec. 10th date that was listed for ED notifications, and I am expecting I guess to be on some kind of waitlist...

Best of luck, y'all! Here's to hoping that ED adds SOMETHING extra for our chances...

GULCbound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 05:28:10 PM »
Looks like a lot of us are expecting to end up on the wait list  :-[

Depressing.

But at least we can keep eachother company!

Someone brought up an interesting point to me though about ED's... since everyone in the ED applicant pool will DEFINITELY be going to GTown if accepted, it would make sense for the adcom to look at them as a group since they will be filling a definite number of seats with those people. Know what I mean?

kh4st

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »
My "stats" were: 3.85 / 167.  I've been out of school for a year, working as a Chemical Engineer for ExxonMobil.  I was accepted to the part time program.  My technical background seemed to have been the primary reason for my acceptance; Dean Cornblatt wrote me a brief handwritten note saying that he looked forward to bringing my technical background to the law school.  I considered G'town a reach school.  I thought I was most probably going to attend GW's part time program.  Good Luck.