Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston Uni  (Read 1034 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Uni
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 01:35:20 AM »
Yep, me too.  I think I've applied to 4-6 complete reaches (although I'm hoping that UMN will give me preference because 1) I'm a MN resident, and 2) I went to undergrad there and did a lot of things most undergrads never get to do, like be a TA twice. . .who knows, that might count against me though if they don't want people from undergrad in their law school), 4-5 targets, and 4 safeties, I think.  Might consider retaking the LSAT in February too, when I have more time to study for it.

University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

kristay

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 03:05:38 AM »
Matokah, did you decide to add Seton Hall to your list?

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 03:24:10 AM »

I did.  Thanks for that. ;)

Actually, I'm thinking of dumping USF for Hastings, although I'm not sure if that's a smart move, considering I probably won't get in.  I tried to fill out USF's stuff tonight, and I couldn't find anything on the website (or app) on the personal statement.  It was getting really annoying. 

And as for Seton Hall, the app froze mid-way through.  Grr.  What a waste of a day.

Are you planning on applying, too?

(LSN)

kristay

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 03:28:16 AM »

I did. Thanks for that. ;)

Actually, I'm thinking of dumping USF for Hastings, although I'm not sure if that's a smart move, considering I probably won't get in. I tried to fill out USF's stuff tonight, and I couldn't find anything on the website (or app) on the personal statement. It was getting really annoying.

And as for Seton Hall, the app froze mid-way through. Grr. What a waste of a day.

Are you planning on applying, too?

Yup!  I figured with the insane number of reaches, I needed another safety to balance it out (and, unlike a good number of my other safeties, I think I would actually be pretty happy at Seton Hall)

Yes, apply to Hastings!!! :)  USF = TTT (based on the impression I got, anyway)

lexylit

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:34:16 AM »
page 18 of BU catalogue = absy?

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 03:47:54 AM »

Yup!  I figured with the insane number of reaches, I needed another safety to balance it out (and, unlike a good number of my other safeties, I think I would actually be pretty happy at Seton Hall)

Yes, apply to Hastings!!! :)  USF = TTT (based on the impression I got, anyway)

Yeah, USF seems more TTT than others that I'm applying to.  At least McGeorge people are nice and have a website that explains everything well.  Doesn't make up for the T3 ranking, but it helps.  That paranoia that I won't get in anywhere is starting to set in. . .kind of sucks.  :-\ 

We should make a pact that we both go to the same school if we both get into an awesome one. ;)

(LSN)

kristay

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 03:51:37 AM »

Yeah, USF seems more TTT than others that I'm applying to. At least McGeorge people are nice and have a website that explains everything well. Doesn't make up for the T3 ranking, but it helps. That paranoia that I won't get in anywhere is starting to set in. . .kind of sucks. :-\

We should make a pact that we both go to the same school if we both get into an awesome one. ;)

Hehe...well, it would help me make a decision (I have this horrible tendency to be indecisive...not to mention a tendency to hijack, a little.  Whoops)

We are applying to enough of the same schools for this to be a possibility!

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 03:59:48 AM »

Hehe...well, it would help me make a decision (I have this horrible tendency to be indecisive...not to mention a tendency to hijack, a little.  Whoops)

We are applying to enough of the same schools for this to be a possibility!

Well, I wasn't decisive until I started worrying about a school's ratings.  When I started out, I just wanted to go to a school in a nice location that offered courses I was interested in.  Now I'm freaking out about every stupid little thing.

I'm actually considering retaking the LSAT in February so I have the entire month of January to study for it.  I just don't know how that works, though. . .I suppose I should inform the schools, but I don't know.  Maybe I should just take it and then let them know.  Ugh.  Confusion.

Just 1 T1 acceptance, I think, would make my day.  Preferably tomorrow. :)

(LSN)

guptroop

• View Profile
    • website
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 01:36:26 PM »
I'm a little short on fall back schools, too.  Finding fall backs is hard, though.  I don't want to settle.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=guptroopL

no man is my enemy,
my own hands imprison me;
u2
love rescue me

Robespierre

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 05:58:39 PM »
I applied to BU sight unseen.  Could you guys please tell me what you like about it/what led you to apply?  Thanks.
Penn Law Class of '09