Voting closed: November 27, 2004, 03:43:45 AM

Which School is more Prestigious?

« on: November 17, 2004, 03:43:45 AM »

jaxon

Re: Which School is more Prestigious?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:05:14 AM »
prob depends on the area... in the NE, i would say GW.  south would be vandy, west would be one of the Cali schools, and texas in the middle of the country. 

since the NE is the most prestigious area of the country, however, i would give the nod to GW for overall prestige. 

lawboundFALL05

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 07:32:42 AM »
Lord Bartha has honed in on the correct response. 

It really depends on your definition of the word "prestigious".  Are we talking nationwide or regionally here.

Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 05:50:25 AM »
I am going to go with Texas, because they have better USSC and Academia placement, however for firm placement, they are ALL regional.

HTH

S.J.

• That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:54:35 AM »
Texas actually places a lot of people around the country.  UCLA also probably would if people wanted to leave L.A. 

These two, with Vandy somewhat behind UCLA, are signficantly more prestigious than the remainders.

vmersich

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:18:45 PM »

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 02:09:39 AM »
prob depends on the area... in the NE, i would say GW.  south would be vandy, west would be one of the Cali schools, and texas in the middle of the country. 

since the NE is the most prestigious area of the country, however, i would give the nod to GW for overall prestige. 
I believe that once you drop below the "top" schools, prestige depends on location more than anything. I personally regard UT and UCLA as more prestigious, though I am biased in this regard (raised in Cali/UCLA alumni, grandfather a UT law alum).