Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Author Topic: apply now or wait?  (Read 171 times)


  • Guest
apply now or wait?
« on: November 17, 2004, 03:15:18 AM »
I call upon all LSDers to help me out. I might just need some room to rant off on this stuff but I would like some feedback. I have a pretty low GPA (2.81) and I have not been to well on my diags (157 average) I have really strong LOR's 2 from professors that I researched with for a year and one from a prof that just really likes me. The research I did was on Autistic kids and I also had one of my research projects funded by the school and presented at a research colloquium. I also have a pretty good PS. I just need to take my LSAT Dec. 4th which does not seem like its going to be any higher than my diags. I have already taken a year off school and I havent done sh*t and I dont really want to take another year off, but I dont want to go to a TTT and blow 30,000 a year on a school that I am not happy with.

I was considering waiting and applying next cycle but doing EA for the schools I apply for, hoping it will help me out. I just dont want to waste another year, I actually want to go back to school.

Doubledown Trent

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 939
    • View Profile
Re: apply now or wait?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 03:22:59 AM »
What's up USC (sic)?
Some people will disagree and say to wait.  But if you want to go to school next year, go to school next year.  I don't think your LOR's are going to mean much since I don't think law schools really care about them.  But they're going to eat up autistic kids.  You've already wasted a year from what it sounds like and wasting another one is going to look bad.  Keep in mind that 157 is still better than most people.  Why not just apply and see where you stand?  The worst that could happen is that you apply again next year.
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW


  • Guest
Re: apply now or wait?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 03:29:12 AM »
Wattup DDT, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. I'm gonna apply this year and if everything I get into is a TTT and I really don't want to go I'll wait retake and reapply next year, but in the meantime I'll actually do something productive like an internship. If I do get into one of my more preferable schools then I'll go. I just needed room to let off some steam, everyone's asleep at home and I can't yell at anybody.