Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: complete applications  (Read 391 times)

artgirl

• View Profile
complete applications
« on: November 16, 2004, 06:50:36 PM »
could someone indluge my checklist paranoia? i sent out my applications and now i'm worried i forgot something.
i sent :application forms, fees where applicable, ps, resume, deans certs where applicable and lsdas report (with lsat, 2 lors, and transcripts)
did i forget something that may be keeping my applications from being complete?
i haven't heard from anywhere about any application being complete so now i'm worried and about to take off for a month to thailand so i need to get these apps done this week...

artgirl

• View Profile
Re: complete applications
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 07:05:26 PM »
anyone?

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 07:07:07 PM »
Where did you apply?

artgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 07:08:54 PM »
brooklyn, cardozo, fordham, nyu, columbia, usc, ucla, gw

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 07:09:13 PM »
since off top of my head i could be mistake, but no, doesnt look like you left anything out.  however, it sounds like you sent the apps in snail mail--you have to assume that will take much longer than via website/lsac.  also, if just sent in recently as opposed to early oct or sept then also larger stacks for them to go through. not sure when you sent yours in, but should expect at least 3 weeks before hearing that they complete.

(dont know if all of them like you calling or where you are applying.  i didnt rec. email from nyu and thought it odd, i called up and gave them my social security number and within 2 minutes i was told that i am complete.  they didnt mind much, so maybe some places can just call and ask).

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 07:15:58 PM »
From my experience, my applications have roughly a month turnover from when my reports were requested.  But to be safe, double check the number LOR's required.  This can be found in online services of the lsac website.  But it sounds like you should be fine. 

artgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 07:20:12 PM »
thanks...i checked and the LORs are two a piece. and lsdas says they sent my reports to all but ucla and they processed all my online apps...guess its just time to wait and hope for the best. i couldn't help being paranoid b/c i don't want to be stuck at an internet cafe in asia trying to re-transmit my applications.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 07:32:19 PM »
Many schools don't just get in touch with you on their own.  They see it as your responsibilty to ensure you're complete.

Only a handful of my schools got in touch with me on their own.  I emailed the rest, and have heard back from pretty much all of them.

You might want to call them before you leave, and just explain you'll be out the country for a month, and want to make sure everything's set before you go.

Trel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 07:44:14 PM »
How long did you wait to get in touch with the schools?  I submitted all my apps online and it says allow 8-10 working days from the day of the report for it to get to the law schools.  I'm coming up on 10 days for some of them and thinking about calling.
You can see my numbers at LSN