Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC current LOR processing time  (Read 2701 times)

jayhawk

Re: LSAC current LOR processing time
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004, 02:28:10 AM »
so i have a letter that was sent on the 23rd of october and has not been processed yet.  another one was sent on november first and was processed two weeks ago.  i realize that lsac is backed up, but should i be concerned?  maybe i'll wait another week and then have the letter resent....

dr_draino

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 02:31:10 AM »
so i have a letter that was sent on the 23rd of october and has not been processed yet.  another one was sent on november first and was processed two weeks ago.  i realize that lsac is backed up, but should i be concerned?  maybe i'll wait another week and then have the letter resent....

I'd go ahead and have one resent...I was all patient about one that I had sent the last week of Sept., but finally had another copy sent last week and had that recomender send a letter directly to two schools so I could still make the EA deadline.  Seems that with the backlog there was also a high propensity for "loss".

fragolina

• Sr. Citizen
  • *cluck cluck*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fragolina+moda
    • View Profile
    • Fragolina
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 02:38:45 AM »

I would resend if I were you - if two of the same letter shows up in your account you can always make one of them "inactive". Besides, as Thanksgiving nears the backlog will probably only get worse - as this is the time when most people really start to get their *&^% together. Since you did everything in good faith to be amongst early applicants you shouldn't risk things getting further bogged down. I am sure your recommender will understand. Good luck!
Fragolina

Frago on LSN
In: Chicago, UMich, UVA, G-town, UCLA, Indy-B, Rutgers, MSU, Cornell
Praying: NYU, Columbia
Withdrawn: NWU, W&M, W&L, GWU, USC, BU
Out: HLS, SLS

Trel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2004, 03:08:39 PM »

Presuming you used the new barcode form, I would absolutely resend it at this point.  Just explain to your recommender that LSAC has been very backed up and you're afraid they lost it etc.  I had to do this for one of my professors but luckily the letter showed up 2 days later.  If it's specifically one or two schools you want this letter for though, you might consider sending it directly to them.
You can see my numbers at LSN

jayhawk

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2004, 06:27:33 PM »

yeah, i had both of my letters sent on Oct. 15th and only one has been processed.  it sucks b/c the other letter was written by a professor who decided to take leave b/c his father died.  i dont know what im gonna do..... damn lsac

this is actually reassuring, don't you think?  if my letter were the only one that has taken a month, i would be concerned that is was lost.  since there are others in the same position, it is surely a sign that they are just really backed up.  are your applications complete, except for this letter?  if that were the case for me (and i wish it were) then i would be much more concerned right now.  as it is, my personal statement is still looking pretty rough, but i hope to have it finished within a week and then i can start sending out a few apps.

jayhawk

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 02:28:45 PM »

so this letter was processed today.  just thought i'd let you guys know, in case you have some that were sent around the same time

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 02:47:44 PM »
My last two letters were processed about a week after they were mailed. They were both sent regular mail.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

Sonya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 04:52:11 PM »
I don't know if anyone cares about LORs any more, because this child-board is kind of dead, but I'll throw this out there:

I sent a letter via FedEx that arrive yesterday. It was processed today. I never thought I'd be saying this, but YAY FOR LSDAS!