Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC current LOR processing time  (Read 2634 times)

enitsirk77

• View Profile
LSAC current LOR processing time
« on: November 16, 2004, 04:38:25 PM »

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Sr. Citizen
  • Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tchnav
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
Re: LSAC current LOR processing time
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 05:33:12 PM »
Good luck. One of mine was sent over 2 weeks ago with no word yet.
In at GULC PT/ED - WooHoo!

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »
phew they were backed up really badly - i sent one and it was processed in exactly 13 days (counting weekends) and i sent another the was processed in about 30 days (also counting weekends).  i wrote them an email at some point, and they said that it usually takes at least two weeks to process letters, and when they were backed up, it took even longer.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:42:45 PM »
phew they were backed up really badly - i sent one and it was processed in exactly 13 days (counting weekends) and i sent another the was processed in about 30 days (also counting weekends).  i wrote them an email at some point, and they said that it usually takes at least two weeks to process letters, and when they were backed up, it took even longer.

I will be less than pleased if my last 2 LORs do not make it to GULC by the 12/1 ED cutoff date. I may have to don my postal clerk uniform and take a roadtrip to LSAC headquarters for a discussion...

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:20:25 PM »
All of mine were sent over a month ago and none have been processed yet.  I am somewhat less than pleased.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 06:23:53 PM »
All of mine were sent over a month ago and none have been processed yet.  I am somewhat less than pleased.

That sucks hairy ass-holes, dude.

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 09:27:33 AM »
Hi --

If it's still a possibility, you might want to try having your recommenders send your letters via overnight mail (FexEx, etc.) All three of my LORs were sent within the last 2 weeks, and all of them were processed very quickly - the last two were processed the business day after they were sent (!), and the first one (sent 11/2) only took about 4 business days.

I don't know why LSDAS would give priority to letters that were overnighted - I should think that they'd put them in the queue with the other letters recieved on the same day. But it looks like that's not the case. (I also used the "new" LOR forms with the bar codes, but I don't know if that was a factor or not.)

If you've been waiting a while, I'd see if you can get your recommenders to overnight a new copy. I paid the overnight fees in advance for all of mine.

-mm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 12:43:44 PM »
I'll be able to tell you very soon if the overnight thing works. One of my recommenders sent me the LOR instead of LSAC, so I overnighted it to them on Monday. I tracked it and saw that it got there yesterday morning. I'll let everyone know how long it takes to get processed. It will be interesting to see if it gets done any faster than another LOR of mine I know got there last week sometime.

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »
I'll be able to tell you very soon if the overnight thing works. One of my recommenders sent me the LOR instead of LSAC, so I overnighted it to them on Monday. I tracked it and saw that it got there yesterday morning. I'll let everyone know how long it takes to get processed. It will be interesting to see if it gets done any faster than another LOR of mine I know got there last week sometime.

If it goes anything like mine, you should be getting a "processed" email either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 02:35:06 PM »
I hope you're right. And I hope that LSAC will pass on the LOR to GULC quickly, as I'm trying to get them everything before the 12/1 ED deadline.
Thanks for the confidence boost though!   :)