Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Requesting a waiver of the application deadline?  (Read 497 times)

thechoson

Requesting a waiver of the application deadline?
« on: April 09, 2004, 07:51:24 PM »
Would schools allow you to turn in an app late if you are really nice?  Has anyone requested an extension of the application deadline?

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Requesting a waiver of the application deadline?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 09:24:30 PM »
Hmmmmmmm... I don't know if schools would accept a request from an applicant. However, in July of last year, I actually got letters from two schools asking me to apply to them (one was Rutgers, I forgot the other one, but I know it was in Cleveland). However, the only reason they sought me was because of my GPA and LSAT scores were pretty high as compared to most of their students.  thechoson, if the reason you started this topic is that you are now considering applying for Arizona, I suppose you could try, or maybe you also may want to wait another year and apply to its program.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 10:43:49 PM »
Hmmmmmmm... I don't know if schools would accept a request from an applicant. However, in July of last year, I actually got letters from two schools asking me to apply to them (one was Rutgers, I forgot the other one, but I know it was in Cleveland). However, the only reason they sought me was because of my GPA and LSAT scores were pretty high as compared to most of their students.  thechoson, if the reason you started this topic is that you are now considering applying for Arizona, I suppose you could try, or maybe you also may want to wait another year and apply to its program.
I had the same thing happen with Yale.  They sent a letter with a deadline extension, based on my numbers.  Other than that, I've never heard of people getting extensions, but it can't hurt to ask.  Just make sure you have a good reason to give them for why you're applying late.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 02:36:26 AM »
Zpops, would you like to sell me five of you LSAT points? A score of 170 would still work great for you. ;D