Law School Discussion

is anyone as plain as me?!

buster

Re: is anyone as plain as me?!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 08:48:21 AM »
This is correct. Actual Red Sox fans complained about coming close and blowing it, not about being "cursed".

in all seriousness, I didn't know anyone who complained about the supposed curse.  It's all media and stupid. 

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2004, 08:01:36 AM »
Boston curse was so overrated.  Chicago always had it worse, but with half the whining.  The Phils went a century without a WS win, and it'll probably be another century b4 the next one.  Let's not get into all the NBA, NFL and NHL championships with which BoSox fans could console themselves during the Curse.  The whole thing was pure, whiney BS...   

Nylo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2004, 08:23:35 AM »
Don't you have any hobbies that you're passionate about - music? sports? art? chess? There MUST be something interesting about you. What do you tell guys on a first date?

sejul

• I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2004, 08:29:14 AM »
What do you tell guys on a first date?

I'm not sure that's appropriate  ;)

sejul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 09:18:47 AM »
God, I haven't had a first date in almost four years...

Uh-oh...I think you may have just opened up the floodgates for the boys on LSD.  Or rather, Law-School-and-Hot-Ass-Discussion.com (the LSD dating portal).

buster

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 09:21:31 AM »
reddxosk, what ur fon nubber? we shud hav a dait!

Uh-oh...I think you may have just opened up the floodgates for the boys on LSD.  Or rather, Law-School-and-Hot-Ass-Discussion.com (the LSD dating portal).

sejul

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 09:24:35 AM »
reddxosk, what ur fon nubber? we shud hav a dait!

Yes, damn, you are fine as well, gurl.  Show us ur well-rounded extra curriculars.

buster

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 09:25:48 AM »
heh

She said "well-rounded extra curriculars."

...ur well-rounded extra curriculars.

sejul

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 09:36:35 AM »
ha~ you guys are too much.

Actually it is because I've been living with someone for the past 18 months and dating them for over 3 years.

Though who knows when I go to LS...not looking forward to that debate.  I want to go where I want to go and not holding myself back for a SO again!  Learned that lesson by not going on a National Student Exchange for a year in Hawaii w/ my best friend.  Hmmm Rhode Island or Hawaii for a year?  >:((different guy) Never!

:D

Good for you!  Write about that!  :D  I agree...I have been dating someone for 2 years, and I know there's going to be quite a come to Jesus when I head off to law school. 

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »
The different perspectives are pretty interesting.  I don't think I would be at this point in the process with my fiance.  She was super helpful with LSAT studying and essay-writing, not to mention that a discussion with her led me down this path in the 1st place.  And we make every single decision having to consider where we will be in our lives together during the next three years (i.e., where will it be easiest for her to find a job/continue working, where will it be easiest to have a child while I'm in school, etc).

These concerns limit my choices, I suppose (no Stanford), but I know would not be able to accomplish this change without her.