Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Omniform not working.....  (Read 1551 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Omniform not working.....
« on: November 15, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
Heya,

I got a new laptop (yay!), but the online law school applications don't seem to work on it. I can open the apps, but the text is all mangled and disproportionate. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

blindmouse

• View Profile
Re: Omniform not working.....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 03:19:04 PM »
If you have XP, make sure that you mark LSAC as a trusted site.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:57:17 PM »
Are you using the same browser?  I use IE at work, but Firefox at home, and the LSAC website looks very different on Firefox.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 10:48:14 PM »
Thanks guys, but I think I tracked down the problem. It appears that Omniform doesn't work with the latest Windows Service Pack. Damn it. Luckily, I have access to unpatched computers.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

jayhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 11:39:26 PM »
When I downloaded the new service pack, I had trouble with Omniform too. It wasn't showing up at all; I just got a blank screen.  I ended up downloading Mozilla firefox to try to fix it, but that didn't work.  In the end, Sordomudo showed me how to fix it (he is a computer wiz) so I can tell you what I did, if you would like.  However, I only know how to do it on firefox, so if you have IE then I probably can't help you. 

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 11:42:15 PM »
Jayhawk-- Firefox is my first love. Please share.

jayhawk

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 11:48:29 PM »
This is a quote from Sordomudo, so I won't take any credit for it.  Hopefully this will work, it did for me:

Success! Okay, I think I have the solution, but your particular setup may vary so we'll see.  I realized that when I installed the plug-in for Netscape, I pointed the installer to the location of the Firefox program itself.  It's necessary, however, to point it to the directory (path) of the plug-ins directory itself.  So, if you have Firefox installed, whenof you run the plug-in installer, click on the Netscape Navigator button and then click "Browse".  When "browsing", you want to navigate over to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins and then install.  Try closing Firefox and going back to the application and see if it loads.  Mine loaded great.

SP2 is the impetus for a number of problems in any number of applications.  It's highly involved in altering Internet Explorer.  If we can get this to work in Firefox, all the better... if we can do ANYTHING in Firefox, all the better.
Tabbed browsing is the greatest thing ever. Smiley

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 12:06:39 AM »
^

Hrm, no joy. I only have two more apps to go, and those are almost done, so moot point I guess.

Thanks for the tip though.

jayhawk

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 12:08:51 AM »
^

Hrm, no joy. I only have two more apps to go, and those are almost done, so moot point I guess.

Thanks for the tip though.

Did you make sure to close all of your open windows and then try it?  Because when I first did it, I left my LSD window open, and it didn't work.  But then I tried again and closed all other windows, and it worked. 

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 12:26:33 AM »
^

Jayhawk-- Yeah, thanks for the heads-up, but I did try the close and re-open route. I even rebooted for good measure. :).