Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is the Paper Chase accurate?  (Read 4295 times)

jgruber

Re: Is the Paper Chase accurate?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 04:32:06 PM »
I went to Rutgers for Electrical Engineering. I think that's why I don't revere profs. Ours spent 3 1/2 years trying to fail us out (over 2/3 of my class was gone by graduation). I am definately hoping that law school is different and that I can actually speak with my profs and get to know them.

For all who asked... I gre up in Connecticut but I now live and work in Piscataway.

From what I've read, law school might not be different.  But wudoo I know.  I'm not even a law student yet.

jbshane

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 05:41:38 PM »
I don't have a great reverence for professors. I don't see them as being anything that is so special since if I wasn't there in class, the professor would be meaningless.

"Those who can, do. The others, teach."
 - Mark Levin

"Those who can't do, teach.  And those who can't teach, teach gym." -Dewey Finn

jgruber

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 10:26:42 AM »
OK, we can dump on the teachers, but who's the dumber.  The teachers who can't do or the students who pay money to listen to the teachers?

:D

I don't have a great reverence for professors. I don't see them as being anything that is so special since if I wasn't there in class, the professor would be meaningless.

"Those who can, do. The others, teach."
 - Mark Levin

"Those who can't do, teach.  And those who can't teach, teach gym." -Dewey Finn

nathanielmark

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 10:36:39 AM »
I need to proclaim my jersey heritage as well.  born and raised in parsippany, NJ.  i wound up going to school in VA so the DC-metro area pulled me in for employment though.  its not so bad here in northern va, but jersey will always be home to me.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 11:15:39 AM »
I need to proclaim my jersey heritage as well.  born and raised in parsippany, NJ.  i wound up going to school in VA so the DC-metro area pulled me in for employment though.  its not so bad here in northern va, but jersey will always be home to me.

ok...at the risk of offending most of the people on this thread...hehe...

...so i live in jersey too (jc, exchange place), i freakin hate it here.  i think the air smells differently.  the water tastes funny.  its one big suburb.  i grew up in urban areas so im used to the city...i used to live in manhattan, but i cant afford to live there anymore because i did that marriage thing... ;D...and i cant afford having a nice pad AND a wife (shes a freelance event planner ---> translated: unemployeed)...

i hoping i get into a good law school and work tons of hours after graduation...as long as i dont have to stay in jersey, ill be fine. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jgruber

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 11:27:30 AM »
ok...at the risk of offending most of the people on this thread...hehe...

...so i live in jersey too (jc, exchange place), i freakin hate it here.  i think the air smells differently.  the water tastes funny.  its one big suburb.  i grew up in urban areas so im used to the city...i used to live in manhattan, but i cant afford to live there anymore because i did that marriage thing... ;D...and i cant afford having a nice pad AND a wife (shes a freelance event planner ---> translated: unemployeed)...

I guess that explains the odd skin color in your picture.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 11:34:27 AM »

I guess that explains the odd skin color in your picture.

actually, thats from my wife beating me up from not making enough money.  the water only made me grow a 6th toe.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'