Law School Discussion

-

-
« on: November 14, 2004, 12:40:05 PM »
-

mchek

Re: Hmmm...can an addendum be too short??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:45:29 PM »
IMO, the shorter the better for addendums. As long as you are able to say what needs to be said. Ad comms have so much to read already.

be10dwn

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 06:07:45 PM »
I personally think it's pretty rediculous to write an addendum for a couple of low grades unless there were extreme extenuating circumstances.  First off I don't think adcoms will pay any attention to an explanation for getting a B- unless it was something like (God forbid) a death in the family.  Plus I also think it points out your "flaws" which you don't really want to do.  I personally don't think they frown on W's too much, but I, of course, am not an expert. 

amelus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 10:13:36 PM »
a) dont write an addendum on s/t unless a really good reason to do so (as be10dwn said, sometimes can end up hurting you more than helping you).

b) it is NEVER too short if you explained it sufficiently.  provided you are clear, the shorter the better.

helendemilo

• My name is M, I'm a lesser-known character.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rocketscience87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 11:05:43 PM »
Well, I considered writing an addendum about why my LSAC GPA was a 3.87 instead of a 3.91.  (In high school, I got a C in a physics class at a university.  I later retook for an A, but LSAC averaged the C in too.)  I decided against writing the addendum because .04 grade points is not worth coming off sounding like a whiny, insecure, grade-grubbing jerk.  Obviously the C looks odd on my transcript, but I can guess that they'll figure it out without any comment on my part.

Decide for yourself if the information is useful, or whether bringing it up at all will show you in a negative light.