Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Nevada- Reno & Las Vegas?  (Read 2000 times)

JayN

University of Nevada- Reno & Las Vegas?
« on: November 14, 2004, 02:37:47 PM »
Hey,
Does anybody know anything about these two schools?  I like to go to law school in Nevada but I don't know much about them.  I'd appreciate any GOOD information.

AaronJ

Re: University of Nevada- Reno & Las Vegas?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 02:45:19 PM »
I have some bad information.

Why dont you duplicate this thread and then delete your account?

ohwellok

• Sr. Citizen
  • the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 01:17:09 AM »
you might like to go to law school in nevada, but you won't be going to unr.  they don't have a law school.  maybe you better look into unlv.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 05:25:34 PM »
UNLV only became accredited in like 1998 or 1999 I think so its pretty new.  I think they have some pretty decent programs but I didn't look into the school real heavily since I thought I would get a little distracted going to school in Vegas.  Tempting, though.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 06:17:58 PM »
I think this site has some good info

http://www.4law.net/rating/index.php

I'm currently a 1L and love it. I think I made a good choice b/c I want to practice in Vegas. I already had a prof who offered to help me get a job for the summer. A lot of local attys have also been very supportive and handed me their business card to see what they can do for a summer job. The student body is really great. A large group of us gets together every weekend to hang out and during the week we study together.

As for Vegas, it's great. I'm having a blast. I go out but not to the point where it interferes w/ my studying. I'd much rather be in a place like Vegas than Ithaca so when I do want to go out at least I can have a great time. Also, these outings can easily double as networking. I met a Paramount Pictures atty at the Maroon 5 after party and handed me his business card. I met a former NFL player at Light who was there w/ his atty. If you are interested in the entertainment industry, there's a ton of great opportunities to meet these ppl.