Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Felony Addenedum  (Read 1814 times)

arc87

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • ScenarioSolver
    • Email
Re: Felony Addenedum
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 07:01:30 PM »
Draino,

Yes sir I want to cut stuff out of this.  If anyone has any idea Im all ears.
LSAT Logic Games Expert
www.scenariosolver.com

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 08:35:28 PM »
I agree. Big difference. Much better.  Let us know!
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 05:18:36 AM »
Thanks again for the help mwitterone and Jawhawkgirl

I have cleaned up the grammar, let me know if you see anything glaring 

Also I included a bit more about details about my recovery.  Let me know if you think I should do more 

Here it is:

I am a thirty-two (32) year old who returned to college after making some poor decisions in my life.  I submit my application after 115 consecutive hours of As in five semesters at the University of Texas in Austin.  I believe this commitment to academic excellence, coupled with the fact that I have been drug and alcohol free for over two years, is a strong indicator of the changes in my character. 
   In June, 2002, I was involved in a car accident while intoxicated.  Two individuals were injured; but by the grace of God, they fully recovered within a short time.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not regret this mistake.
   In any event, I accepted responsibility for my actions and pled guilty to a felony intoxication assault in Columbus, Colorado County, Texas.  I likewise accepted my punishment of thirty (30) days confinement in jail, a $5,000.00 fine and ten (10) years probation.  My probation has proceeded without incident, and I should be released by 2007.
   Prior to that time, I received a deferred adjudication termed dangerous drugs in Houston, Harris County, Texas in 1993.  My friend had a marijuana plant growing in his attic, and while I did not reside there, I was present at the time of search and seizure.  I received and served three (3) months probation for the offense. 
   While in college for the first time in 1992, I paid a $70.00 citation for public intoxication.  This was in Austin, Travis County, Texas.
   While I know there are many applicants with spotless criminal records, I ask for a chance.  What good is the goal of rehabilitation in criminal law, if even law schools themselves will not give a person with a record an opportunity?  If you give me the chance, I will prove that the most admirable goal of the criminal justice system can work in certain cases.

Arc, your grades "As" do not stand out the first time I read it.  A's doesn't look good either, just leeting you know.  Your transition "In any event" conveys a lack of seriousness.  Very awkward.

The last paragraph has to go.  Don't ASK for anything even if you deserve it.  Don't compare yourself to the others; you are non trad.  Stay with that theme.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but you know me by now. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..