Law School Discussion

Real Estate Law

Real Estate Law
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »
any good schools for real estate law ???

thanks

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
Re: Real Estate Law
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
NYU, good luck in getting in.   :D

davisxa

• Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:03:07 PM »
I work for 3 real estate lawyers and they all went to UC Hastings. Then again, everyone in this area and their mother went to UC Hastings.

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:06:01 PM »
There is no such thing as a good school for RE law.  Go to the best LS you can and work for a RE firm in the summer.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »
Hey I like the quaker oats picture!!! LOL!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 10:07:16 AM »
Miami offers an LLM in Real Property Development. I think it's the only program in the country with a graduate law degree in real estate. USC offers a joint JD/M.A. in real estate.

PresClay_00

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 11:24:25 AM »
by real estate law, do you mean residential or commercial?  i'm assuming commercial, just b/c none of the 8 attys i work with planned to do residential, but all are.  most went to Wake or Campbell (one even went to Regent), but the best are those that have contacts in the RE industry (either RE agents or Mortgage brokers).  most of what we see is very cut and dry, and in many states, you don't even have to be an atty to do a closign any more.  commercial is a horse of a different color though, and the one guy in our firm who does it has the contacts like above and also takes each and every CLE class he can on property to stay current. hth

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 09:58:41 AM »
How much money do you think on average a real estate attorney makes, both commercial and residential?

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 10:07:40 AM »
How much money do you think on average a real estate attorney makes, both commercial and residential?

Not sure about commericial, but RE Attorneys in Atlanta (Residential Practice) make about $750/hour.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 10:15:29 AM »
I really like real estate law.  Are there high barriers to entry or is it relatively easy to get you foot into the door?