Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.35 GPA w/ a 143 LSAT  (Read 5283 times)

j1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
3.35 GPA w/ a 143 LSAT
« on: January 10, 2003, 06:54:20 AM »
With a 3.35 GPA and a 143 LSAT... is there any law school that I can go to?  I want to go to Fordham, BU, BC, UConn?  Any way I can get in to any of these schools?  Any comments would be appreciated.

kdf

Re: 3.35 GPA w/ a 143 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 11:41:59 AM »
I am sorry, but from the look of it, it doesn't look like you have a great chance at Fordham.  I am not sure what kind of scores the other schools accept, but your LSAT is low.  You may wish to try Widener or Northeastern (they aren't in the top tier of schools, but you will get a law degree).  I would still apply to those schools, especially if it is your dream to get in.  Don't sell yourself short.  But, I would also have fall back schools.  And if you think it is a really long shot that you might get into a particular school, then I might take it off the list.  It is quite expensive to apply.  No need for overkill.
IF you have had some life experience (ie, you worked or travelled and haven't just finished undergrad--or be finishing in May), you may have more to offer schools.  

Best of luck.

RyanTX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 06:02:53 PM »
BC - Not likely.  I have a friend with a 171+ and a 3.4-3.5 undergrad from BC and he got wait-listed.  Good luck though - who know what will happen!

CaramelTee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 07:10:32 PM »
j1- i had a 143 lsat and had a very very hard time. I had a good gpa, great recs, extensive extracurriculars like pres. of law club etc. So finally, with my low lsat I managed to get into a third tier school. Use Lsac's website, because you can caluculate your odds and see listings of who got accpeted with what stats. You may have to seriously relocate and  I would stay away from applying to schools in big cities even if you are within their range.

darkboy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 06:21:14 AM »
Sorry, with a 143 LSAT, it will be tough getting into any Tier 1 and 2 schools.  My advice would be to retake the LSAT.   All those schools you listed are SUPER Reaches.  Good Luck, though.