Law School Discussion

Washington and Lee

Re: Washington and Lee
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 06:31:41 AM »
I went to VMI (Virginia Military Institute) back in 1996.  It's literally connected to WandL.  I haven't been inside the law school section directly, but I have been to various parts of the school and know the town well.  It's a very pleasant town, educated but still small and southern.  It's the type of place that has two or three hang out places, a couple grocery stores, and maybe a Red Lobster.  The undergrad chool has a lot of frats and sororities, which isn't a bad thing at all.  With your numbers, I would apply only if you don't mind the small town atmosphere.  Let me know if you need more info.

Have any clue about companies and high-tech employers within commuting radius of there? 

NYKnicks

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 08:49:13 AM »
reindeer, you hijacked your own thread!!! shame!

ooh, this could be good, someone to step in and help me break the nasty habit.

NYKnicks

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 08:51:46 AM »
I went to VMI (Virginia Military Institute) back in 1996.  It's literally connected to WandL.  I haven't been inside the law school section directly, but I have been to various parts of the school and know the town well.  It's a very pleasant town, educated but still small and southern.  It's the type of place that has two or three hang out places, a couple grocery stores, and maybe a Red Lobster.  The undergrad chool has a lot of frats and sororities, which isn't a bad thing at all.  With your numbers, I would apply only if you don't mind the small town atmosphere.  Let me know if you need more info.

Hey thanks a lot for the response. I don't really think I'll mind a small town, big town, whatever, I'm applying almost everywhere just because my numbers don't assure me anything anywhere. Sounds like a good place, and from what I read about the law school itself, I feel like I want to apply, but now that I have a little bit more info about the surrounding area I can make a more informed decision, thanks!

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 09:52:11 AM »

Hey thanks a lot for the response. I don't really think I'll mind a small town, big town, whatever, I'm applying almost everywhere just because my numbers don't assure me anything anywhere. Sounds like a good place, and from what I read about the law school itself, I feel like I want to apply, but now that I have a little bit more info about the surrounding area I can make a more informed decision, thanks!

I can imagine that your split could make determining where to apply pretty difficult.

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 11:07:08 AM »
Does anyone know when Washington and Lee will request LSDAS reports? I submitted my app. a few weeks ago and they haven't requested it yet.

NYKnicks

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 11:08:44 AM »
Does anyone know when Washington and Lee will request LSDAS reports? I submitted my app. a few weeks ago and they haven't requested it yet.

odd, mine was near instant, a day after i submitted. I sent it in electronically on 11/11, requested 11/12. might want to call.

lexylit

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2004, 11:16:12 AM »
mine was requested like the day after i put it in the mail, which floored me b/c i thought the mail from so-cal to virginia would take more than a day. BUT it took them a full 2 months to send me a "you are complete" email. weird, right? (i almost wanted to respond to the email and be like, in the time it took you to process my *&^%, gulc accepted me. thanks though. sorry, i know that was superobnoxious...)

NYKnicks

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 01:05:45 PM »
mine was requested like the day after i put it in the mail, which floored me b/c i thought the mail from so-cal to virginia would take more than a day. BUT it took them a full 2 months to send me a "you are complete" email. weird, right? (i almost wanted to respond to the email and be like, in the time it took you to process my *&^%, gulc accepted me. thanks though. sorry, i know that was superobnoxious...)

as a lonely shark, you are forgiven ;)

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 08:20:01 PM »
BUT it took them a full 2 months to send me a "you are complete" email.
At least you've gotten one.  My report was requested 9/27 and I'm still waiting.

lexylit

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 09:17:17 PM »
BUT it took them a full 2 months to send me a "you are complete" email.
At least you've gotten one.  My report was requested 9/27 and I'm still waiting.

likewise for you on the gulc comment  ;)