Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: extracurriculars  (Read 1267 times)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
extracurriculars
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:13:30 AM »
here's one for everybody...

does anybody plan on doing any kind of extracurriculars in law school? and this is besides things like moot court or law review or something that's 'expected' of a law student?

i only ask because right now i ballroom/latin dance and compete at it and i'm just thinking of how hard that's gonna be to just drop it since i will have been dancing for 4 (total), competing for 1.5yrs, coaching and tutoring for 1.5 and then just trying to ween myself off for the rest of the time before i go in. *sigh*  :-\ lol sad, i know.

a good part of me wants to at least keep dancing so i never loose my skills that i worked so hard to get and keep sharp, yet the majority of me knows it has to go. lol

so i was just wondering if anybody else was thinking of the 'extras' they're gonna have to possibly 'give up' at least for the first year.

thoughts?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
Re: extracurriculars
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 02:10:12 AM »
I play water polo two nights a week with a masters team.  I am going to try and keep it in my schedule as much as possible..

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 10:58:45 AM »
Eat, sleep, work, and once in a while... well you know....

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 11:11:27 AM »
what...the occaisional 'leak' grube? ;) lol jk

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 12:03:39 PM »
i'm a part-time professional musician. there's no wway i'm going to stop playing, though i know i'm going to have to cut back and drop some of my groups, and the number of rehearsals i make it to for others... i am hoping to start a klezmer band at cardozo, though, since it definitely needs one.

for exercise, i play tennis and plan to keep that up as much as possible. i know they have a tennis club, so i'll probably get involved with that.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 01:25:04 PM »
I try to go to kickboxing several times a week or other classes that my gym offers.  I definately plan on keeping that up as after I work out, I feel much better and more focused.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »
I think that extracurriculars can offer a great break or even escape. I plan on just working out twice a week.

jgruber

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 10:22:32 AM »
what...the occaisional 'leak' grube? ;) lol jk

I'm practicing being a lawyer by suggesting instead of saying.    ;D

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 10:23:26 AM »
i am hoping to start a klezmer band at cardozo, though, since it definitely needs one.

Klezmer? 

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 10:26:58 AM »
Klezmer?

http://www.klezmershack.com/
Description on the right side...
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.