Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am the only one on this board that gives a dickens about going to U of Arizona  (Read 1338 times)

Nicky

• View Profile
And if not, and you are applying there as well could you PLEASE tell me why I admitted my app in Nov. and have not heard Jack? Thanks.

rcjackson

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah Tucson!  Just thought I'd share some love, though I didn't apply.  ;)

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
i grew up in tucson, and have no desire to return there. if you haven't heard yet, it probably means you're a borderline candidate, so they're waiting to see how the class shapes up. it sucks. good luck!

Nicky

• View Profile
Thanks.
Jas9999, if you dont mind me asking, why are you so disgruntled toward Tucson, besides its hot? Im under the impression its not as bad as Phoenix for all out nastiness and has plenty of mountain ranges to escape to.  Also, not as hot as Phoenix.  If you could shed any insight of why I shouldt go there Id appreciate it, esp. if Im not accepted anyways.  8) Thanks.

thechoson

I am considering Arizona State.  Phoenix didn't seem that bad... but people really do seem to think negatively of Arizona.  Must be the heat  ;)

thechoson

Speaking of U of Arizona, damn I wish I applied. 

Nicky

• View Profile
Its too bad you didnt apply Choson, I think you would of had a super good shot.  I remember a post of yours back when saying you didnt think you could get into a top tier school with your LSAT and GPA, later I looked at their chart from 2002-2003 and 15 of 20 people got accepted with your numbers.  They seem to absolutely love 165's and thats their almost automatic linchpin number.  Im at 162 and a little bit nervous, really wish I would of scored 165.  Augh---

thechoson

Yea, I wish I had applied.  Seems like a great school!

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
it's funny you should say that about phoenix because i think the sentiment is the same about tucson up here. i have some friends who grew up in tucson and said that they hated it and they'd never go back there if they could at all help it. lol but the few times i've been down that way it didn't seem like a bad place albeit it wasn't some outlandishly wonderful place either. lol

i moved out to AZ from IN years ago and i would've said the same thing then as i do now. lol and as for the diff in temps? not a big one. lol i think the most it would diff is 5 degrees that i've ever noticed. i think it's only when the storms start coming in that the temps differ radically until those systems finally reach us up here. :p lol but oh well! ;D

so there's an outsider's take on phoenix v. tucson. lol

thechoson

Speaking of Phoenix, what's funny is that I've heard a lot of people complaining about bugs there- scorpions, crickets, huge roaches, things like that.  Wondering if this is true...  :o