Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC PT  (Read 3635 times)

Engilaw

Re: GULC PT
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »
Engilaw -

I'm curious about your application to GULC PT - are you applying as a senior in college?  Did you put anything in the application explaining what you would be doing in D.C. while going to school?

I've got a 161/3.96 so wth full-time more or less out of the question, I crossed my fingers that they might consider someone out of undergrad (i had heard you need work experience.  I also applied as a joint degree student in security studies - do you have any advice - should i send in some more info explaining what I intend to do while not going to school?

Yes I'm applying as a senior in college.  There was nothing on my application explaining what I would be doing in D.C. while going to law school.  with a 165 and a 3.71 I was near their 75% for both stats for PT, so I think that helped a lot.  I had some great rec's, a decent amount of Part Time WE during college, and a really really high uptrending GPA.  So I am proof you don't need work experience.  I think the concept that work experience helps, but is not a prerequisite, is more accurate.  Good luck on your applications.

Engilaw

Turtle2152

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 11:14:44 AM »
Are you planning on staying in part time all 4 years or transferring to full-time after the first year? do you know how hard/easy it is to do that??

Engilaw -

I'm curious about your application to GULC PT - are you applying as a senior in college?  Did you put anything in the application explaining what you would be doing in D.C. while going to school?

I've got a 161/3.96 so wth full-time more or less out of the question, I crossed my fingers that they might consider someone out of undergrad (i had heard you need work experience.  I also applied as a joint degree student in security studies - do you have any advice - should i send in some more info explaining what I intend to do while not going to school?

Yes I'm applying as a senior in college.  There was nothing on my application explaining what I would be doing in D.C. while going to law school.  with a 165 and a 3.71 I was near their 75% for both stats for PT, so I think that helped a lot.  I had some great rec's, a decent amount of Part Time WE during college, and a really really high uptrending GPA.  So I am proof you don't need work experience.  I think the concept that work experience helps, but is not a prerequisite, is more accurate.  Good luck on your applications.

Engilaw

Monkey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 12:45:09 PM »
Congrats on your acceptance! :)  Can you tell me where you found GULC's PT stats?  I can't seem to find 'em...thanks!

<<with a 165 and a 3.71 I was near their 75% for both stats for PT>>
Attending: W&M

Engilaw

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 03:22:17 PM »
If you check LSAC's website you can find the stats at:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/aba5244.pdf

on the second page under part time it says:

LSAT 25-75%: 158-166
GPA 25-75%: 3.17-3.71

If I got I'm not sure whether I would transfer to FT.  It depends how much I liked the evening program.  For all who wish to know, to transfer PT->FT you need to take classes during the summer after 1L to make up for missing classes, then if you do well enough you can transfer in.  I  just hope there's no resentment towards the PT--> FT students.

Engilaw

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 06:07:19 PM »
the FTers can shove it if they have a problem with us PTers.