Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC PT  (Read 3651 times)

Engilaw

GULC PT
« on: November 12, 2004, 06:32:11 PM »
I've (also) been accepted to GULC PT!!  What a relief!

165/3.71, no WE (besides some part time during school)

Congrats to everyone else!

Engilaw

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: GULC PT
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 07:20:43 PM »
Congratulations! It's Georgetown Christmas!
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 08:07:42 PM »
I've (also) been accepted to GULC PT!!  What a relief!

165/3.71, no WE (besides some part time during school)

Congrats to everyone else!

Engilaw

awesome! congrats

Binner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 10:05:52 PM »
Engilaw -

I'm curious about your application to GULC PT - are you applying as a senior in college?  Did you put anything in the application explaining what you would be doing in D.C. while going to school?

I've got a 161/3.96 so wth full-time more or less out of the question, I crossed my fingers that they might consider someone out of undergrad (i had heard you need work experience.  I also applied as a joint degree student in security studies - do you have any advice - should i send in some more info explaining what I intend to do while not going to school?

BigBadBo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 11:03:11 PM »
I've got the same questions as Binner - any information would be great

mememe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 11:08:29 PM »
question for those attending GULC PT straight out of UG: do you have a job lined up?  Real job? or part-time coffee shop/restaurant type job? 

I only ask because I hear it is very hard to get loans for part-time degrees.
USF 2005

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 11:37:40 PM »
question for those attending GULC PT straight out of UG: do you have a job lined up?  Real job? or part-time coffee shop/restaurant type job? 

I only ask because I hear it is very hard to get loans for part-time degrees.

im not sure where you heard this...but GULC doesn't indicate any sort of problem on their site...
One can get Stafford and private loans

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 11:45:48 PM »
Eligibility for undergraduate and graduate students

CitiAssist® Loans are available to full and part-time undergraduate students attending accredited 4 or 5 year universities or colleges and full and part-time graduate students attending accredited graduate schools. Undergraduate and graduate students who qualify as creditworthy individuals do not need a cosigner. International students must apply with a creditworthy individual who is a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with a U.S. based address and meets the co-signer credit eligibility requirements.

Turtle2152

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 03:11:56 PM »
im applied EA to georgetown part-time with a 163/3.51, 1 year of WE in consulting, desperately hoping to get in. this wait is killing me!

Engilaw -

I'm curious about your application to GULC PT - are you applying as a senior in college?  Did you put anything in the application explaining what you would be doing in D.C. while going to school?

I've got a 161/3.96 so wth full-time more or less out of the question, I crossed my fingers that they might consider someone out of undergrad (i had heard you need work experience.  I also applied as a joint degree student in security studies - do you have any advice - should i send in some more info explaining what I intend to do while not going to school?

ronin3782

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matsuishir
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 06:41:06 PM »
If i get in...planning on trying to get a job in govt, think tank, or firm work, maybe with the help of the school.
I will miss LA :-(