Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I doing the Right Thing?  (Read 18346 times)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Am I doing the Right Thing?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2005, 02:26:25 AM »
see, you not even smart enough to know where poli sci majors get hired.  and you supposedly in charge of human resources?  julie think mot.

By never responding to the claim that GPA hungry LS apps major in poli sci for an easy grade, are you giving up your claim, or do you not know how to attack the whole argument.

I guess its because I have a greater understanding of what is difficult and what is not.  No, I am not in charge of human resources, but what job does the brilliant poli sci major get, since there are 100 poli sci majors for every 'job' availible in the field.

Just quit, you know that poli sci is easy, its no big deal.  I have no problem with a pre-law individual taking an easy major, but if you say poli sci is 'rigorous' you will come off as dense and lacking.  Most pre-law pli sci majors will admit they are GPA hounds.

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2005, 02:34:40 AM »
see, you not even smart enough to know where poli sci majors get hired.  and you supposedly in charge of human resources?  julie think mot.

By never responding to the claim that GPA hungry LS apps major in poli sci for an easy grade, are you giving up your claim, or do you not know how to attack the whole argument.

I guess its because I have a greater understanding of what is difficult and what is not.  No, I am not in charge of human resources, but what job does the brilliant poli sci major get, since there are 100 poli sci majors for every 'job' availible in the field.

Just quit, you know that poli sci is easy, its no big deal.  I have no problem with a pre-law individual taking an easy major, but if you say poli sci is 'rigorous' you will come off as dense and lacking.  Most pre-law pli sci majors will admit they are GPA hounds.

Look man, the reason nobody is bothering to respond to your "argument" is because you don't have one.  You are just coming on here and spouting a bunch of crap.  Anybody can do that.  Watch this.
It has been scientifically proven that political science is the hardest major in the world.  Nobody can do it.  It's so hard.  And nobody who wants to get good grades has ever majored in political science.
See?  Now counter that.
3.7/165.  How crazy to finally have real stats...

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2005, 02:42:16 AM »

Look man, the reason nobody is bothering to respond to your "argument" is because you don't have one.  You are just coming on here and spouting a bunch of darn.  Anybody can do that.  Watch this.
It has been scientifically proven that political science is the hardest major in the world.  Nobody can do it.  It's so hard.  And nobody who wants to get good grades has ever majored in political science.
See?  Now counter that.

You made an argument based on outlandish claims, the avg. sallary of polisci majors v. other majors is against you; the avg. grades of poli sci majors v. other majors is against you.  Is that science, no I guess you have been tricked into believing political science is science so you will believe any thing.

If you want to have a reasonable argument, go ahead; but saying that my claims were a bunch of craap is childish.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2005, 02:47:08 AM »

Wait until you're more smarter, more better, more closer to your junior year.

bloomich

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2005, 02:51:34 AM »

Look man, the reason nobody is bothering to respond to your "argument" is because you don't have one.  You are just coming on here and spouting a bunch of darn.  Anybody can do that.  Watch this.
See?  Now counter that.

You made an argument based on outlandish claims, the avg. sallary of polisci majors v. other majors is against you; the avg. grades of poli sci majors v. other majors is against you.  Is that science, no I guess you have been tricked into believing political science is science so you will believe any thing.

If you want to have a reasonable argument, go ahead; but saying that my claims were a bunch of craap is childish.

what undergrad did you go to?

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2005, 02:58:45 AM »

See?  Now counter that.

No, I don't want to have a reasonable argument.  My point is that there is no argument.  This is just a matter of opinion. You think PoliSci is easy.  Good for you.  That's your opinion.  It's not a fact.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2005, 02:59:34 AM »

See?  Now counter that.

what undergrad did you go to?

but first to the person that said, wait until you juior year:

i am a junior, and you added a lot to the argument.  Why are none of you able to respond to my points.

What undergrad?

I have a little bit of a fear of the internet, but I will tell you that it is an SEC east school (not Vanderbilt), most of those schools are similar.  And I will tell you that despite what you may think, I have done very well; not that I need to explain myself to someone that attacks the person and not the claim.

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2005, 03:01:31 AM »
I'm sure you have done very well, but you still haven't made an argument.  That's all I'm saying.  You haven't said anything that needs to be responded to. You simply stated your opinion.  And we disagreed.  End of discussion.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2005, 03:04:01 AM »

See?  Now counter that.

No, I don't want to have a reasonable argument.  My point is that there is no argument.  This is just a matter of opinion. You think PoliSci is easy.  Good for you.  That's your opinion.  It's not a fact.

This all started because I believed that, comparitively, poli sci is not difficult.  Maybe it is the definition of "difficult" and "easy."

I do not believe that there is anything wrong with the average poli sci major.  I have friends/family w/ that major.  But honestly I have never had to argue that poli sci is easy.  I believe that my previous points have not been refuted.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2005, 03:06:04 AM »
I'm sure you have done very well, but you still haven't made an argument.  That's all I'm saying.  You haven't said anything that needs to be responded to. You simply stated your opinion.  And we disagreed.  End of discussion.

Respond to the fact that poli sci majors do not do very well in ug job placement and that pre-law GPA junkies regularly major in poli sci (because it is comparitively easier to accomplish a higher GPA)