Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted into Georgetown!  (Read 8805 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: Accepted into Georgetown!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2004, 01:45:33 AM »
Deloggio was wrong! Thank you, when was your application complete and when did you get your letter? Mine was complete 10/13 and I haven't gotten anything yet (acceptance or rejection), I live in Washington so I'm sure it would take awhile but from looking at LSN it seems like not getting anything yet is a pretty bad sign.

I completed my Georgetown app in late October. My app was probably complete in early November.

Lexy-- I'll defer to your expertise. I suck at colors. I can't tell the difference between white, cream, ivory, off-white, eggshell, etc. Yeah, I'm  a guy.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

lexylit

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 01:49:40 AM »
So maybe Deloggio was right and it is beige, would you say it was beige?  Of course if I were to get a beige envelope I'm not sure i'd know it was beige.  If you don't mind, how long after you applied did you get your decision?  I'm getting very anxious about it, but it makes it a little easier since I don't expect to get accepted.

hmm, i think i will have now posted this on 7 diff threads, but-- submitted 9/20ish, lsdas report 9/22 and sent 9/23, but they never said i was complete til i emailed end of october and asked, and they said yes.

as for the colors, if it works that way it would be for easy sorting by the schools, maybe-- or else b/c the acceptance letter is on nicer paper than a rejection? so when you put it in a pile of white mail, you'll see it's not white. that might be all deloggio means.

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 11:24:37 AM »
I would consider the envelope to be beige... it kinda freaked me out when I saw it because I read someone else say their's was white... :)

LawSchoolDreams3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 11:33:56 AM »
I just hope that I can't tell the difference between white and beige, at least that'll hold off the disappointment a little longer.  Its no fun waiting.

maricutie

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2004, 12:31:33 PM »
BTW, don't think I properly congratulated the admits --- CONGRATS!!!!  ;D

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2004, 01:11:45 PM »
CONGRATS!!!

does this mean you guys can put in a good word for me?  ;D

btw, i'm going to visit gulc's campus in a few days when i go home.  should we maybe start a shutterfly account for campus visit pictures?

lexylit

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2004, 01:19:43 PM »
btw, i'm going to visit gulc's campus in a few days when i go home.  should we maybe start a shutterfly account for campus visit pictures?

i would LOVE to see pictures. that would be superhelpful if you wouldn't mind sharing them.

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »

i would LOVE to see pictures. that would be superhelpful if you wouldn't mind sharing them.

nope, not at all.  should be visiting uva, upenn and gwu as well.  does anyone who knows about this sort of thing know if shutterfly would be the best way to do this?  then everyone could add their own pictures as well.

jaxon

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2004, 01:43:11 PM »
it is a vanilla or cream colored envelope. 

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2004, 02:04:58 PM »
does anyone who knows about this sort of thing know if shutterfly would be the best way to do this?  then everyone could add their own pictures as well.

Submit your photos here: http://law.lordgooei.com/