Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OBNOXIOUS undergrads  (Read 1916 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: OBNOXIOUS undergrads
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 03:44:58 PM »
I am LAUGHING because I am the same way. What about fake Hermes Birkin bags, hello $20,000! I have a nice $50 SAK that is black, durable and I love it (and goes with my Mazda3, see economical), never ever buy a fake LV especially when they aren't even nice looking. :)

Yes! That's my favorite! Especially because I live in the midwest, and people pronounce it "HER-meez" and will proudly rock a bag that in reality would cost more than a house's down payment, as though the fine folks at Hermes were like, "forget about the 3 year waiting list...there's a single mom in Indiana who can't pay her electricity bill who needs this purse."

That said, I'd probably carry it too, if I could find a good enough replica :). That's a beautiful purse.  I also understand the fantasy of it, I guess, but it's all just silly to me that a girl will drop that much money on a bag or pair of shoes, and only have them be noticed by other girls.

And the same goes for the 7 jeans, the juicy sweats, etc. (to tie it back into the Desi article so as not to be a total hijacker).  Guys are the ones who are ultimately the target of all of this, I think, but never would be able to tell the difference between a well-fitting pair of $200 jeans and a well-fitting pair from Goodwill (the same way I can't comprehend the one guy saying he spends $1500 every 3 months on clothes--my boy wears the same three pairs of jeans and has for 2 years and I like 'em :)).  Siiigh...I'm glad I'm done with undergrad...
Sadly, you are right.  Guys are the ones who are the targets of this type of stuff.  Why else would a girl REALLY spend $120 on SWEATPANTS? (though they do fit real nice, :)

Oops, I almost said same here (done w/ undergrad) I guess I just wish I would speed up, I'm 25 dammit!

Hopefully someday these OBNOXIOUS undergrads will know what it is like to pay the rent!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 04:27:24 PM »
damn rent and bills!!

its b/c of them i can't spend 1500 on clothes!

being resposible sucks! ;D

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 04:30:02 PM »
ha ha as I type this there is an ad for 50% off authentic Hermes!

responsiblity blows!  :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

A_guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 04:33:28 PM »
i wish i was a hilton,
i could party all the time, make cool sex videos, get a tv show, and goof off b/c i know my trust fund is nice and safe.

and i wouldn't have to be knock-offs

desi

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 05:03:36 PM »
i need to confess.  last time I went to NY, I came back home with 5, count them 5, imitation rolexes.  spent $25 altogether  :)

of course, the real rolex is over $8k, but then again, that gets worn maybe twice a year.

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 05:06:02 PM »
i need to confess.  last time I went to NY, I came back home with 5, count them 5, imitation rolexes.  spent $25 altogether  :)

of course, the real rolex is over $8k, but then again, that gets worn maybe twice a year.

Confession is good for the soul, Desi.  I went to NYC in 8th grade and got fake Oakley sunglasses (they were all the rage at my middle school and sister's high school).  Fauxkleys, if you will.  I would only wear them on my head, as an accessory, holding my hair back. I thought I was so awesome, and I cried when they broke.  But I was cool for half a second :)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »
that is obnoxious.  lol, i go clothes shopping once a year, if that.  i havent even bought a new pair of shoes in over 2 years.

i dont understand how people spend so much f-ing money on clothes.  even though i could afford it, id never spend anything close to what those kids are spending.  i guess i spend money on other things that people might consider useless, but cmon, how can a pair of jeans really be worth $150??

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2004, 05:26:16 PM »
that is obnoxious.  lol, i go clothes shopping once a year, if that.  i havent even bought a new pair of shoes in over 2 years.

i dont understand how people spend so much f-ing money on clothes.  even though i could afford it, id never spend anything close to what those kids are spending.  i guess i spend money on other things that people might consider useless, but cmon, how can a pair of jeans really be worth $150??

Uh oh, Emory just called and said you're not allowed to go there based on that statement.  I'm so sorry.  ;)

desi

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 05:27:43 PM »
with all fairness, Emory's grad and professional schools are VERY different from the obnoxiousness that permeates the undergrads.  but isn't this true everywhere?

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 05:28:16 PM »
no problem, i trashed their acceptance letter 3 years ago.